Job ID: 197275
Location: CHANTILLY, VA, United States
Date Posted: Aug 27, 2019
Category: Program Management
Subcategory: Project Analyst
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Poly
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI with Poly
Potential for Remote Work: No
DescriptionJOB DESCRIPTION: SAIC is seeking a Fire Protection Engineer to join our team in our Chantilly, VA office. The ideal candidate shall be responsible for providing fire protection evaluation, analyses, integration, and oversight of all engineering design and construction work including; maintenance of operating facilities, utilities, and data centers throughout the client’s enterprise. The successful candidate will rely upon experience and knowledge of fire protection systems and regulations to ensure that Safety, Technical Performance, Quality, Cost and Schedule Goals are met or exceeded.
The following duties are a representative summary of the primary duties and responsibilities:
- Review planning, programming, architectural and engineering design documents, specifications, and other technical documents for proposed construction activities to validate compliance with applicable codes and standards and to identify optimal fire protection solutions.
- Provide support to assigned project managers by identifying issues, evaluating alternative solutions, and providing recommendations.
- Perform fire protection analyses and reviews of design and construction submittals; perform code analysis of municipal, state, and national codes for applicability to project(s); perform evaluations and prepare recommendations for code compliance of specific design and construction elements.
- Update, review, interpret, and maintain the Fire/Life Safety, Design Criteria Plan/Guidelines; and provide support to start-up and testing.
- Prepare corporate fire protection governance and policy, standard operating procedures, and facility design standards.
- Conduct comprehensive fire safety audits and inspections of new construction to validate compliance of fire protection and life safety.
- Provide a variety of status reports and respond to internal and external audits.
- Participate on a variety of committees as assigned; attend and participate in professional group meetings; maintain awareness of new trends and developments in the fields related to area of assignment; ensure processes, policies and practices are interpreted and applied consistently and effectively; ensure accountability and compliance with all current and applicable state and federal laws, government policies and procedures, rules and regulations.
- Participate in testing and commissioning and assist the work effort in obtaining the Certificate of Occupancy Permit.
- Work closely with the Safety, Quality Assurance and Operations personnel throughout the enterprise.- Support data collection and metrics development and contribute to records and knowledge management activities.
QualificationsTYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelor of Science in Fire Protection Engineering - Registered P.E. in fire protection engineering; and a minimum of 5 years of Fire Protection Systems Engineering experience that includes; design work; working with consultants and contractors; and engineering field work or 10 years of relevant experience. - An active TS/SCI with Polygraph is required.
Knowledge of architectural, civil, structural, mechanical, and electrical engineering disciplines in order to evaluate and critique coordinated integration of fire protection concepts into large facilities projects.
- Demonstrated experience with DoD Unified Facilities Criteria (UFC)
- Demonstrated experience with fire alarm and suppression systems, to include installation, testing, and operations and maintenance.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability