Job ID: 197083
Location: WASHINGTON DC, DC, United States
Date Posted: Feb 10, 2020
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Data Scientist
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Top Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Job Description – Lead Data Scientist
· Establish, develop, document and implement the governance processes, roles and communications for the analytic program.
· Development of project specific analytics in short timelines
· Develop enterprise wide analytic capabilities that will serve as building blocks for reuse.
· Conduct data manipulation and modeling as well as use predicative analytic methods
· Ensure the systems are regularly audited and data usage is analyzed
· Coordinate analytic projects and “dashboard” results for on-going efforts
· Effectively communicate between developers and end users
· Create a repository/library/app store of analytic capabilities and data sets with assorted metadata
· Minimum 10 years of experience related to data science and the manipulation of large data sources.
· Bachelor’s degree in data science or other quantitative field. Master’s degree preferred.
· Top Secret Clearance
· At least 10 years’ experience working with various analytic tools and recognizing their weaknesses
· Background in counter threat finance or anti-money laundering
Experience with FinCEN developed tools (e.g. FinCEN Query, Classified Cloud BSA tools)
· Ability to manage a diverse team of employees.
· Demonstrated ability to provide quality assurance checks on products
· Demonstrated expertise in the data analytics field, building analytic models and methods, and the skillsets to be able to provide end-to-end technical solution.
· Ability and experience assessing business objectives, conducting gap analysis of existing versus needed capability, and identifying business requirements.
· Experience evaluating business requirements to identify potential software, hardware, and system architectures can be employed to meet business objectives.
· Experience developing potential technical solutions to meet business needs and support analysis of alternatives for best fit.
· Experience evaluating technical trends and provide recommendations for technology and architecture to meet business objectives.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 23,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability