Job ID: 197121
Location: HUNTSVILLE, AL, United States
Date Posted: Aug 13, 2019
Subcategory: Cyber Eng/Archt
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Cyber Security Engineer to support the CCDC Systems Simulation, Software and Integration Directorate (S3I) located on Redstone Arsenal, Alabama in support of multiple systems in the precision fires and battlefield systems domains. The selected candidate will be part of a team of Cyber Professionals specializing in Certification, Accreditations and Cyber Security engineering.
Primary focus: Determine the security posture of different Army battlefield systems based on the applicable controls outlined in DoDI 8510.01 Risk Management Framework (RMF) for DoD Information Technology (IT). The candidate will use a variety of testing methods to assess the system's security posture. This includes running automated tools, manual configuration checks, conducting interviews, and reviewing documentation. The candidate will interpret the results and make informed recommendations.
Provide technical engineering services for the support of integrated security systems and solutions to manage information- related risks. Tasks include: participates with the client in the strategic design process to translate security and business requirements into technical designs.
- Configure and validates secure systems and physical controls, and tests security products and systems to detect security weaknesses.
- Ensure that the architecture and design of DoD information systems are functional and secure
- Provide security subject matter expertise at all engineering, change, configuration control or equivalent meetings
- Assess threats to the environment
- Provide inputs on the adequacy of security designs and architectures
- Participate in risk assessment during the certification and accreditation process
- Lead/support the quarterly Federal Information Security Management Act audits
- As needed, design and develop IA or IA enabled products, interface specifications, and approaches to secure the environment
- Provide technical expertise for Cybersecurity efforts supporting multiple programs and labs
- Prepare DoD Risk Management Framework (RMF) accreditation packages solutions for several system and labs in accordance with DoD Regulations.
- The position is responsible for analyzing and translating Cybersecurity
(IA) policy and technical solutions into accreditation packages that meets DoD/Army accreditation standards
Must currently possess a Secret Security Clearance or be able to obtain an Interim Secret Clearance within 120 days of hire.
Required Experience and Education:
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more related experience; OR a Masters and three (3) years or more related experience
- Experience preparing for and conducting cyber readiness inspections, self-inspections, and audit activities
- Experience implementing and managing a patch and vulnerability management and reporting program
- Experience with ACAS, NESSUS Pro, Security Compliance Checker, Security
Technical Implementation Guides, and DISA Security Readiness Review
- Experience with C programming language (or other lower-level languages)
- Experience with embedded or real-time operating systems
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability