This position is within the Vanguard 2.2.1 program’s Bureau of Diplomatic Security (DS), supporting assessment and authorization (A&A) of the DOS major applications.
This position will require significant interaction with the DOS and contractor staff and with the DOS Information Assurance (IA) office. The work location Arlington, VA but may require CONUS travel for short trips.
Description of Duties:
- Provide dedicated Liaison Support/Senior Analyst to provide direct support to AODR. Support to include tasks such as:
- Conducting initial/precursory review of A&A related documentation prior to AODR review
- Supporting RMF steps 1-6
- Providing Templates development and maintenance support
- Providing POA&M management support
- Leading large/complex security assessments of customer systems, services, and programs.
- Supporting and interacting with customers, at the highest levels, as well as providing oversight to less experienced staff.
- Analyzing customer processes and configurations to verify that previously identified flaws have been corrected, and document the results.
- Developing approaches for industry-specific threat analyses, application-specific penetration tests, and the generation of vulnerability reports.
- Developing detailed remediation reports and recommendations for compliance and security improvements across industries based on changing threats.
- Develop and update a consistent approach to information security programs and adherence with best practices.
- Support will not be required to conduct assessments.
- Support will not develop documentation.
Bachelor’s degree in a related field and 8+ years’ experience or 12+ years of equivalent related experience.
- Experience assessing Federal information systems’ compliance with the Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA). Specifically, conducting independent security control assessments in accordance with NIST SP 800-53, 800-53A, CNSSI 1253, and the Risk Management Framework (RMF) described in NIST SP 800-37.
- FedRAMP experience.
- Clearly articulate requirements and other information in written documentation and effectively communicate technical and non-technical concepts to a variety of audiences.
- Broad understanding or knowledge of risk management practices and security program development including change management, access control, and physical security.
- Direct experience involving configuration, deployment, and administration of network appliances, operating systems, and databases.
- Demonstrated excellent technical skills in one or more focus areas (i.e. networking, messaging support (Exchange), Active Directory, system administration, etc.).
- Demonstrated strong organizational and time-management skills: multitasking, working individually and with a team, having a positive attitude, being self-motivated and reliable, being trustworthy, having strong interpersonal and diplomatic skills, and being able to handle stress in a professional manner.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Three plus years of Xacta experience is highly desired
- ISC2 Certified Authorization Professional (CAP).
- Hands-on experience with and knowledge of IT security architecture and design (e.g., firewalls, intrusion detection systems, virtual private networking, virus protection technologies, LAN/WAN design, and/or general internetworking technologies).
- Experience with one or more information security frameworks such as SAS70/SSAE No. 16, PCI, NERC CIP, Nuclear Energy Institute (NEI) 0809, HIPAA, GLBA, SOX, etc.
- Broad understanding of risk management practices and security program development including change management, access control, and physical security.
- Broad IP network and security engineering experience including a basic understanding of IP routing, quality of service mechanisms, MPLS, and IPsec architectures.
- Hands on experience configuring, deploying, and managing mission critical network appliances such as routers, firewalls, IDS/IPS, DPI, etc.
- Hands on system administration experience with various operating systems including Windows, AIX, BSD, z/OS, RHEL, SUSE, HPUX, QNX, etc.
- Hands on system administration experience with DB2, MS SQL, Oracle, Sybase, etc.
- Experience with various programming languages.
- Experience with system development lifecycles (SDLCs).
- Experience with change management processes.
- Have a Security+ certification and actively working towards the CISSP.
Interim TS in order to start and must obtain a fully adjudicated Top Secret clearance
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability