AEGIS Computer Network Technician (ACNT)
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 197105
Location: NORFOLK, VA, United States
Date Posted: Nov 12, 2019
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Network Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC is currently looking for AEGIS Computer Network Technician based in Norfolk. VA. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Provide on-site field engineering and technical support services for Mid Atlantic Regional Maintenance Center (MARMC) Code 296.
- Provide technical support, and assistance to conduct inspections and assessments on the Aegis Computer Networks to include, but not limited to Local Area Networks, Switch Blade Servers, Routers, VME Chassis Structure, Fiber Optics, and Digital Interfaces on the Aegis Baselines 7.1. 7,1.R, 7.2, 8,1 and 9.A0.
- Perform functional checks and program review support for Aegis Computers/Networks on the baselines as stated above.
- Identify and correct system faults/anomalies in Aegis Computers/Networks on the baselines as stated above.
- Assist other Codes at MARMC with AEGIS LAN connectivity issues. Provide onboard maintenance training to ship ' s force technicians in the operation, repair and maintenance of the Aegis Computers/Networks described above.
- High School graduate or GED
- Hold and maintain a DOD SECRET clearance
- Minimum of 3 years experience with AEGIS Computer Networks and 6 years Naval experience
- Minimum of six years of specialized experience operating, maintaining, troubleshooting, and testing of (AEGIS-like) Computer Networks
- Proficient using UNIX. LINUX, REDHAT, REDHAWK and CISCO IOS
- Experience with general and special purpose electronic test equipment to perform both organizational and intermediate level maintenance
- A graduate of NAVY Aegis Computer Network C School or commercial Network System Administrator equivalent
- Having attained special skills such as basic soldering,wire wrap and connectorization skills
- Possess and maintain a valid CPR Certification from a Nationally Accepted organization
- Possess and maintain a valid Passport
- The most qualified candidates will have had formal instructor experience
- COMPTIA Security+ or A+ certification may be required
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability