Job ID: 196766
Location: COLORADO SPRINGS, CO, United States
Date Posted: Oct 2, 2019
Subcategory: Training Analyst
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC is seeking candidates for the Cyber Defense Engineering and Training II (CDET II) effort. The mission of CDET II is to provide engineering, technical, and training support to Defense Cyberspace Operations (DCO) activities for the USAF’s 14th Air Force Space Mission Ground Segment Systems, and emerging mission systems and enhancements in support of the Space Warfighting Construct. Support for this mission will be performed at a variety of locations in CO, CA, NM and FL. The purpose of DCO support is to enable protection from, detection of, and response to cyber threats, and maintenance of cyber defense systems. Candidates will actively take part in or provide support to the USAF in the areas of Protect, Detect, Respond, and Sustain (Maintain) their computer systems.
This candidate will be a member of a five-person training and documentation team. Develops curriculum development and course delivery; coordinates course development through the 50 SCS Operations Support Section (50 SCS/DOU). Prepares and coordinates materials development, maintenance, module development, Government Reviews, Beta courses, etc. Serves as primary instructor or assistant instructor for Fundamentals, Detect, Protect, and Respond Courses; serves as assistant instructor for Crew Commander Courses; in total, teaches approximately 50% of 26 2-week courses with 48 students per class.
• Bachelors (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) preferred) and 3-5 years’ experience
• 2 years of cybersecurity experience with emphasis on cybersecurity course training development. Experience working in a defensive or offensive cyber operations environment is preferred.
IAT Certifications(s) and other applicable Certifications
• Cybersecurity Workforce (DoDI 8570.01-M) - IAT-II (e.g. Sec+)
• Completion of one or more SIEM/IDS/IPS training certificates
• Have at least one Cyber Tools Certification or Proof of Training
• Demonstrated subject matter expertise of Cybersecurity Service Provider (CSSP) and DCO operations and tools
• Demonstrated understanding of space systems cyber support
• Ability to convey real-world application of DCO principles
• A Secret security clearance is required.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability