Job ID: 196939
Location: CHANTILLY, VA, United States
Date Posted: Sep 6, 2019
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC is looking for a Master Scheduler to support multiple DoD weapon system development efforts. Ideal candidates will have substantial experience providing Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) and Integrated Master Plan (IMP). The selected candidate should have proven experience in developing, integrating and maintaining multiple government and contractor top level IMS and associated IMP to assess program progress and identify critical schedule risk. Experience in developing solutions for schedule risk mitigation to align with key program goals and objectives. The selected candidate should have excellent time management, organizational and interpersonal skills with the ability to recommend scheduling best practice and report progress of inconsistent data resolution.
Key Duties include:
• Perform schedule risk analysis to determine probable schedule alterations at project completion
• Ability to critically assess schedules and other project data then communicate priority findings to teams for key milestone gate reviews
• Prepare and present briefings on schedule status and overall program health to varying levels of management
• Assist in managing projects according to schedules and resolving issues related to the schedule
• Provide resource loading of schedule as required, establish project management processes, and schedule risk analysis
• Mentor and train other users, as required and work within a multi-stakeholder environments
REQUIRED EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Engineering, Computer Science or a closely related field is required.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE: 10+ years of experience coordinating with program management the integration of multiple project schedules into an Integrated Master Program Schedule. Experience with associating risk and risk mitigation, software and hardware requirements, status activity reports, and schedule review. Familiar with the application of MS Project and/or Primavera tools to develop detailed schedules and perform ongoing schedule maintenance, familiarity with tools such as JIRA is a plus. Prefer at least five years direct experience within Department of Defense/Army programs supporting systems engineering efforts.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability