Engineering Technician IV
Job ID: 196838
Location: NORTH CHARLESTON, SC, United States
Date Posted: Oct 22, 2019
Category: Wage Determination (SCA)
Subcategory: Service Contract Act
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC has an opportunity for an Engineering Technician in North Charleston, SC!
Role & Responsibilities
- The Engineering Technician IV performs non-routine assignments of substantial variety and complexity, using operational precedents that are not fully applicable, such assignments that are typically parts of broader assignments, are screened to eliminate unusual design problems.
- Provides semi-professional technical support for engineers working in such areas as research, design, development, testing, or manufacturing process improvement.
- Work pertains to electrical, electronic, or mechanical components or equipment. These technicians are required to have some practical knowledge of science or engineering.
- The technician receives technical advice from supervisor or engineer and work is reviewed for technical adequacy (or conformity with instructions).
- This position may be assisted by lower level technicians and have frequent contact with professionals and others within the establishment, and performs one or a combination of such typical duties as:
- Developing or reviewing designs by extracting and analyzing a variety of engineering data,
- applying conventional engineering practices to develop, prepare, or recommend schematics, designs, specifications, electrical drawings and parts lists.
Required Education & Experience
- Associate's degree in Engineering Technology or formal electronics training from:
- Technical School
- Class A or B Military School in Electronics or Communications
- Must have twelve (12) years appropriate experience in:
- Maintenance, troubleshooting, or repair of digital computers
- Computer peripheral/interface equipment
- VME based systems
- Radio Frequency Transmitters
- At least five (5) of the last ten (10) years of experience in maintenance & repair of C5ISR systems, subsystems, and equipment
be able to obtain DoD Secret Clearance
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability