The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), Office of Information Technology (OIT) is seeking to acquire highly qualified cross-functional Data Scientists and developers. The Transformation Data Science Services (TDSS) II team will be part of an ecosystem, participating with federal employees, and other contractors, in a team-based Development and Operations (DevOps) approach to deliver business value (the performance measurements, Key Performance Parameters (KPPs) are established in Operational Requirements Document (ORD)) frequently, cost-effectively, responsively, and with high quality.
The TDSS II teams shall provide Data Analytics Services within the DevOps framework; perform analysis of the USCIS Electronic Immigration System (USCIS ELIS) and related data for forecasting and system growth analysis. This analysis is intended to support data-driven decision-making, as well as development of automated dashboards and tools, which provide analytic insight to ELIS program.
· Deliver code from creation, to running in the pipeline, to deployment and sustainment with zero downtime deployment (ZDD).
· Utilize the ELIS roadmap to conduct an exploratory statistical analysis for each ELIS line of business.
· Translate business requirements into technical requirements.
· Provide estimation and planning support.
· Apply an analytics-driven approach, including machine learning, to surface unusual patterns or behaviors during case processing.
· Conduct ELIS data analysis to measure efficiency and effectiveness of new ELIS functionality.
· Define sensible metrics to build descriptive, predictive and prescriptive models.
· Extract, transform and load (ETL) structured and unstructured data into Databricks Unified Analytics Platform.
· Perform analytics in Databricks Unified Analytics Platform.
· Store methods that are employed for the Statistical Data Analysis and Reporting along with each analysis in GitHub.
· Develop and sustain Program Dashboard with Tableau and open source tools.
· Comply with ELIS DevOps development, testing, and standard operational procedures (SOP).
· Collaborate with other vendors, stakeholders, and government employees to collect data needed to aid decision-making.
· Maintain good configuration and data management methods.
· Use DHS USCIS approved methods and tools.
15 years of experience or 11 years of experience and a Bachelors Degree in a related field, or 8 years of experience and a Masters Degree or 6 years of experience and a Doctorate Degree. Should have experience working in a data DevOps environment. Preferred experience with Databricks, and Business Intelligence Analytics Dashboards using Tableau
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability