The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), Office of Information Technology (OIT) is seeking to acquire highly qualified cross-functional Data Scientists and developers. The Transformation Data Science Services (TDSS) II team will be part of an ecosystem, participating with federal employees, and other contractors, in a team-based Development and Operations (DevOps) approach to deliver business value (the performance measurements, Key Performance Parameters (KPPs) are established in Operational Requirements Document (ORD)) frequently, cost-effectively, responsively, and with high quality.
The TDSS II teams shall provide Data Analytics Services within the DevOps framework; perform analysis of the USCIS Electronic Immigration System (USCIS ELIS) and related data for forecasting and system growth analysis. This analysis is intended to support data-driven decision-making, as well as development of automated dashboards and tools, which provide analytic insight to ELIS program.
· Creating and maintaining Data Lakes and Data Warehouses.
· Data modeling and modifying database schema design as needed.
· Building data pipelines to pull together information from different source systems
· Integrating, consolidating and cleansing data, and structuring it for use in individual analytics applications
· Perform the full data lifecycle areas of: data ingestion, data aggregation, data correlation and visualization, analytics.
· Actively engage with end users to understand data-intensive challenges and needs and ensure development enables high performance movement, storage, aggregation, visualization and analytics over datasets from disparate sources.
· Utilize the ELIS roadmap to conduct an exploratory statistical analysis for each ELIS line of business.
· Translate business requirements into technical requirements.
· Extract, transform and load (ETL) structured and unstructured data into Databricks Unified Analytics Platform.
· Work with data scientists to perform analytics in Databricks Unified Analytics Platform, and version control machine learning models and reports in GitHub.
· Comply with ELIS DevOps development, testing, and standard operational procedures (SOP).
· Collaborate with other vendors, stakeholders, and government employees to collect data needed to aid decision-making.
· Maintain good configuration and data management methods.
· Use DHS USCIS approved methods and tools.
9 years of experience and at least a Bachelors degree. Should have experience in a data DevOps environment.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability