Job ID: 196511
Location: LAS CRUCES, NM, United States
Date Posted: Oct 23, 2019
Subcategory: Cyber Eng/Archt
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
The successful candidate will perform a variety of IT
System Security tasks which are broad in nature and are concerned with the
design and implementation of hardware, software and support facilities and/or
equipment; will perform with some latitude to accomplish assigned and
self-directed duties; will review and assess complex systems where the security
of the infrastructure and data is paramount; plan and perform research and
other assignments in conformance with design, engineering and customer
specifications; is responsible for supporting technical security and security
engineering of major projects and projects of lesser complexity.
The successful candidate must provide a leadership role, establishing best practices to apply across the Space Network. Candidate must be able to work in a highly structured, mission centric, operations facility in a fast paced demanding environment managing multiple complex tasks in cooperation with the ISSO and FSO. Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Primary responsibility to support the ISSO by providing required artifacts in fulfillment of NASA/FISMA and System Authorization IT Security requirements.
· Provide support for facilitating secure architecture on new WSC systems. Assist implementation engineers by providing consultation concerning the, design and implementation of security related to IT systems.
· Assess and evaluate IT systems and recommend changes for threats, risks and vulnerabilities. Maintain traceability through final resolution. Perform required tasks and develop documents and artifacts to support the NASA SA&A process and as requested by the ISSO. .
· Perform system and subsystem vulnerability scans in accordance with NASA standards and policies.
· Develop CIS Benchmark style hardening checklists and verify and document system hardening.
· Provide a variety of Information Security (INFOSEC) research and analysis activities relative to on-going IT Security initiatives as directed.
· Assure NASA required documentation infrastructure to ensure compliance with all related Public Laws and NASA/FISMA requirements in guiding the implementation of IT Systems.
· Apply knowledge of network protocols, architectures, equipment, services, standards and technology to various system engineering activities
· Provide support as requested on issues relative to information security activities including policy development, compliance inspections, audits, reviews and communications securityWill be a sitting member of the Configuration Review Board
· Bachelors and two (2) years or more of related experience; Masters and (0) years or more related experience;
· Experience as an Industrial Security Manager position with a demonstrated success record required.
· U.S. Citizen, Current NACLC with Secret Clearance
· Experience with Insider Threat and Counterintelligence Issues
· Demonstrated knowledge and application of NASA, NISPOM, and Intelligence Community Security regulations and standards.
· Excellent writing, speaking and customer service skills are required.
· Demonstrated use of sound and logical thinking in choosing a particular course or action.
· Working knowledge of computer security requirements for classified processing.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
· Experience with obtaining and maintaining approval to operate Classified Information Systems.
· Must be able to interact with senior /executive management on matters pertaining to both Harris and government security policy and procedures
This position requires the candidate to be able to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability