This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 196543
Location: HOUSTON, TX, United States
Date Posted: Oct 14, 2019
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
*** This position can be located in either Fairmont, West VA or in Houston, Texas.
SAIC is the sole provider of Systems and Software Assurance Services to the NASA Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V) Program located in Fairmont, West Virginia.
At the NASA Katherine Johnson IV&V Facility, we support NASA's IV&V Program, delivering analysis and verification & validation of safety-critical and mission-critical software for a number of important NASA programs, including both human and robotic exploration as well as earth and space science collection platforms.
The successful candidate will work independently and as a member of a team in one or more of these IV&V projects or other IV&V Program functional areas.
Roles and Responsibilities will include assignment in one or more aspects of the IV&V Program needs listed below:
- Performs full-lifecycle (i.e., Concept to Deployment) Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V) analyses to ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical constraints.
- Performs IV&V analysis of system and software architecture, system and software requirements, software design, source code, and the developer’s software integration, interface, formal verification and qualification, systems and software integration, and certification test products.
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, and requirements allocation and interface definition studies to evaluate compliance of software specifications with customer requirements. Conducts software hazard analysis and risk assessment.
- Develops independent test plans, cases, procedures, and scripts and performs independent testing of safety-critical and mission-critical software systems to ensure the system will do what it is supposed to do, not do what it is not supposed to do, and will respond in a safe and desired manner under adverse conditions.
- May lead small teams of analysts performing verification and validation analyses.
- Analyzes effectiveness/efficiency of NASA program procedures and processes and develops/recommends improvements.
- Prepares presentations, reports, research, and other contract deliverables related to IV&V analyses performed.
- Participates in selected programs, events, and meetings involving staff, Government customers, and visitors.
- Participates in Risk Management process as it relates to execution of the IV&V Project and to the software development project being evaluated by the IV&V team.
- Work is performed on-site in Government facilities.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Experience and expertise in developing or assessing safety critical mission software preferred
- Prior IV&V and/or independent test experience preferred
- Familiar with Cybersecurity Assurance is preferred
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability