Join SAIC as Leaders of the
Intelligence Community (IC) and support a top-performing agency! Our team
provides outstanding media and communications support and thought leadership to
the Senior Leadership of an agency that supports and provides guidance to the
IC. This position is supporting a newly funded, program.
In this position you
- Produce journalistically styled
(i.e.,using the Associated Press style guide) written articles with
accompanying photographs and captions for IC-wide and public dissemination
via ODNI external and internal multi-media platforms and communications
vehicles. Written articles may include, but are not limited to: news,
feature and explanatory reporting and photo essays.
- Provide writing and editing support for
workforce messages from the DNI, PDDNI, ODNI/COO, or other ODNI leadership
to be distributed to ODNI and IC workforces.
- Research and coordinate content with the
appropriate component or agency, write and edit messages to ensure they
are consistent with ODNI writing standards, review messages prior to
release, and format and release messages as well as maintain a database archive
- Provide support to the "Ask the
DNI" program by coordinating and editing responses through ODNI
components or IC agencies. Provide support to the process of analyzing the
questions submitted by the workforce and determining the strategic
direction of each response, submitting and coordinating responses with the
appropriate component or SME, and writing and editing each response as
required, to ensure it meets IC policy and style standards as well as
maintain a database archive of inquiries and responses.
- Provide assistance with the planning,
coordination, and execution of IC and ODNI events and activities. Duties
will include but are not limited to, facilitating attendance, marketing,
branding, advertising, and organizing events.
- Active TS/SCI CI poly clearance is required.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Print Journalism or related.
- Ten (10) years of work experience in addition to the degree, related to the technical requirement against which the individual is slated to perform. Work experience may be concurrent with the pursuit of the degree.
- At least three (3) years of experience working in the IC, which may be concurrent with the requisite ten (10) years of work experience.
- Demonstrated excellence in researching, reporting and writing news stories, features and explanatory articles using the Associated Press writing style.
- Expertise using the Associated Press Stylebook, including four (4) years as an editor reviewing final stories for publication.
- Demonstrated excellence with digital photography, which includes the use of digital cameras, and a demonstrated proficiency in the application of the principles of layout, design, editing, and production of multimedia photographic projects.
- Extensive experience in writing for multi-media platforms such as but not limited to, "Medium" and "Tumblr."
- Extensive experience with managing effective working relationships with senior government or corporate leaders in a high profile and demanding office.
- Extensive experience in writing and editing official correspondence on behalf of senior government or corporate leadership to a variety of external stakeholders.
- Extensive experience in writing and editing executive-level workforce communication on behalf of senior government or corporate leadership.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including the demonstrated ability to communicate complex information and ideas to general audiences.
- Expert knowledge of grammar and punctuation.
- Extensive experience with managing competing priorities including writing and reporting under strict deadlines while maintaining a high level of attention to detail.
- Expert knowledge of the IC mission, objectives, requirements, and organization.
- Excellent interpersonal skills working with intra-agency and inter-agency partners.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability