Lead Imagery Standards Developer
Job ID: 190853
Location: SPRINGFIELD, VA, United States
Date Posted: Oct 4, 2019
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Signal Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI with Poly
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC is seeking a Lead Imagery Standards Developer to work in collaboration
with NSG & ASG community membership, international partners, and other
members of the GEOINT & IT Standards Division.
- Ensure current and updated
standards content for still & motion imagery standards meet capability
delivery dates for NGA and NSG initiatives and solution providers
- The Lead Imagery Standards Developer shall be
responsible for providing specialized advice and assistance on complex
- Independently performs a variety of system
analysis, design and/or engineering tasks that are broad and innovative in
- Serve as a Subject Mater
Expert (SME) on development of Still and/or Motion Imagery Standards with the
objective of facilitating compliance and interoperability through integration
of NSG & ASG requirements
- Reduce technical and schedule risk in
still imagery standards (e.g. NITF, NITF Extensions, and NATO Imagery STANAGs)
and motion imagery an phenomenologies (e.g. EO, LVMI/WAMI, IR, MSI, and HSI)
- Must have current TS/SCI clearance and be willing and able to pass a CI polygraph.
- Have expert-level working experience (10 years or more) developing Imagery Standards.
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in technical or scientific fields such as Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Engineering Management, Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Image Science or related STEM degree program.
- Have at least five (5) years demonstrated experience with:
- Still Imagery collection, encoding, and operations, to include still imagery standards & Tagged Record Extensions (TRE).
- Motion Imagery collection, encoding, and operations.
- Motion imagery phenomenologies, such as:
- Electro Optical (EO)
- Large Volume Motion Imagery (LVMI)/Wide Area Motion Imagery (WAMI)Infrared Motion Imagery Standards (IR)
- Multispectral Imaging (MSI)
- Hyper spectral imaging (HSI)
- Imagery compression formats and metadata schema.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability