Job ID: 190821
Location: FORT MEADE, MD, United States
Date Posted: Sep 27, 2019
Subcategory: Technical Writer/Ed
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Poly
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC is seeking Technical Writer to support a major program at the Fort Meade customer. Duties and responsibilities include:
- the preparation, review, revision, and maintenance of technical documentation including software and systems engineering, system operations, testing, and user documentation.
- assist in preparing and maintaining operations documentation, user guides & manuals and technical publications
- gather technical information, and prepare written text
- maintain a documents library and ensure version control
- coordinate layout and design of documents
- interpret engineering and maintenance drawings, operational procedures to understand and blend large quantities of computer related information
- research highly technical subject matter, organizes information from multiple sources, and express technical information in written form
- 9 plus years experience as a technical writer on programs or contracts of a similar size and scope.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline or (4) years of addition TW experience can be substituted for the bachelor's degree
- Proficiency with multiple word processing and presentation tools such as MS Word, PowerPoint, and Visio
-Requires TS/SCI with Poly.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability