Job ID: 190821
Location: FORT MEADE, MD, United States
Date Posted: Apr 2, 2020
Subcategory: Technical Writer/Ed
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Poly
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC is seeking Technical Writer to support a major program at the Fort Meade customer. Duties and responsibilities include:
- the preparation, review, revision, and maintenance of technical documentation including software and systems engineering, system operations, testing, and user documentation.
- assist in preparing and maintaining operations documentation, user guides & manuals and technical publications
- gather technical information, and prepare written text
- maintain a documents library and ensure version control
- coordinate layout and design of documents
- interpret engineering and maintenance drawings, operational procedures to understand and blend large quantities of computer related information
- research highly technical subject matter, organizes information from multiple sources, and express technical information in written form
- 9 plus years experience as a technical writer on programs or contracts of a similar size and scope.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline or (4) years of addition TW experience can be substituted for the bachelor's degree
- Proficiency with multiple word processing and presentation tools such as MS Word, PowerPoint, and Visio
-Requires TS/SCI with Poly.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 23,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability