This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 192171
Location: INDIAN HEAD, MD, United States
Date Posted: Oct 21, 2019
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Field Technician
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC is seeking and Ordnance Technician to perform work in Indian Head, MD.
- Interpret and apply safety rules and regulations as they relate to ordnance warehousing operations.
Adhere to Team Leader defined security classification, hazard classification, inventory accountability and explosive safety criteria while assisting with the maintenance of explosive ordnance devices and materials in a magazine environment.
Execute receipt and annual serialized ordnance inspections under supervision
Properly execute and record thermal readings under supervision
- Secret Clearance
- Working knowledge of Ordnance Inventory management
- Working knowledge of DoD safety procedures associated with ordnance handling
- Warehousing experience
- Four years actual and recent experience in ordnance or ammunition work field.
- Fork Truck Driver Certification
- Must meet medical requirements for Explosive handlers and drivers as per the OPNAVINST 8023.24 series (or other Service equivalent series)
- May be required to lift up to 50 pounds in day-to-day tasking
- Must meet the criteria to be qualified and certified as per OPNAVINST 8023.24 SERIES (or other Service equivalent series)
- Work knowledge of technical publications such as the P-803/804, CFR-49, NAVSEA SW020-SERIES-SAF-010 (or other Service equivalent series)
- Possesses the knowledge, skills, and proper procedures necessary to record and manage ammunition assets. Training includes the generation and management of records relating to requisitions, receipts, issues, expenditures, inventory management and control, Notice of Ammunition Reclassifications (NARS), ammunition reporting, and other pertinent technical safety information.
- Experience as an Army Ammunition Specialist, Marine Corps Ammunition Technician, Air Force AFSCs Munitions Systems Specialist, Navy Gunners Mate or Navy Aviation Ordnanceman.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability