Join SAIC and help support vital programs within the Directorate of National Intelligence in McLean, VA.
SAIC is seeking a Technical Writer that understands grammar concepts and can write a variety of technical articles, reports, brochures, and/or manuals for documentation for a wide range of uses.
This position will:
- Coordinates the display of graphics and the production of the document
- Ensures content is of high quality ad conforms with standards
- Responsible for preparation, review, revision, and maintenance of technical documents including software and systems engineering, system operations, testing, and user documentation
- Writes and edits technical documentation for all of the project’s hardware and software to include installation, configuration and how-to documentation
- Creates code documentation for software
- Produces implementation guides and end-user guides for capabilities
- Provide field, data definition, and data flow documentation and format technical publications for pamphlets, technical drawings, and consult with technical personnel and other available sources
- Uses multiple word processing and presentation tools such as MS Word, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.
- Active TS/SCI with CI Poly
- 2+ years of technical writing experience
- 2+ years of experience creating documents and presentations in Word, PowerPoint and or Visio.
- Ability to work independently and meet set deadlines.
- Contribute to deliverables and performance metrics where applicable.
- A Bachelor's degree in a related field or an Associates and 2+ years of related experience or a High School diploma and 8+ years of related experience.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability