SAIC seeks a Systems Data Modeler to design/maintain data representation models and standards and ensuring that agency data can be structured in such a way that it is readily query-able, accessed corporately, and available for analysis. Analyze data requirements to ensure development efforts align with the corporate data standards, the agency data architecture, and future transformation efforts. Implement and maintain Data Modeling Governance processes to include change management and configuration management for supported data models. Assist in the development of strategies for archive recovery, database implementation, and data acquisition. Work across the organization and with specific database customers for cleaning, curating, and properly structuring/formatting data in the corporate repositories. Work with data architects, system engineers, and database engineers to achieve requirements.
- Designing or maintaining data representation models. Responsible for the definition and governance of the data model. Sets standards for how data is to be represented in corporate databases.
- Identifies and manages data model domain data stewards and conducts data modeling enabling activities including the development of the Logical Data Model, Data Dictionary, Physical Data Models, data format specifications, model releases, data harmonization and mapping across the data models, the modification of tools to support data modeling, and software application programming interfaces and converters to enable data model implementations.
- Shall have demonstrated skills, experience, and knowledge in supporting as well as implementing and maintaining Oracle and SQL data infrastructures as well as No-SQL data infrastructures such as Neo4j.
- Collaborate with data source SMEs and Mission Owners to answer or document questions on structure, mission requirements and compliance concerns of the data flow and the data storage and representation in the corporate repositories.
- Experience establishing and enforcing processes to ensure a consistent, well-managed, and well-integrated data warehouse infrastructure. Designs, implements, and supports data warehousing requirements.
- Analyzes and identifies data and metadata requirements. Expertise in translating complex analytical and technical ideas info data and metadata objects which enables consistent querying and information retrieval.
- Conduct problem identification and requirements analysis
- Research and document process workflows and data flows. Maintains data maps and systems interrelationship diagrams for data domains and systems
- Facilitate decision making meetings and analytic exchanges
- Projects long-range requirements for database administration and design in conjunction with other managers and stakeholders in the information systems function
- Maintains database knowledge models and database knowledge model dictionaries, and monitors standards and data input procedures
- Experience championing the usage of data in the corporate knowledge stores and communicates the benefits and return on investment for consumers, application and product owners
Active TS/SCI with polygraph clearance
Minimum eight (8) years’ experience in systems engineering and/or software engineering in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required. Within the eight (8) years’ of work experience, two (2) years must be as a Data Modeler or Data Architect and two (2) years in the information assurance and/or cybersecurity field. Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Systems, or Computer Engineering or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Five (5) years of additional Data Modeler or Data Architect experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree. A Master’s degree may be substituted for two (2) years of overall experience, thereby reducing the total years of experience in systems and/or software engineering to six (6) years.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability