Computer Network Defense Engineer
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 192434
Location: ANNAPOLIS JUNCTION, MD, United States
Date Posted: Sep 25, 2019
Subcategory: Cyber Eng/Archt
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Poly
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No
SAIC seeks personnel who can provide engineering and technical support combined with operational understanding of cybersecurity to optimize organizational use of resources to defend against attacks on the Defense and National Information Infrastructure systems. Additionally, personnel must research trends and the use of tools and techniques, to make recommendations and write requirements with an overall objective of maximizing the ability of analysts to utilize cyber defense systems.
- Conduct engineering to attain cyber mission effects. Develop detailed specifications for end-to-end, knowledge-driven cyber mission capabilities. Develop technical implementations that enable system integration to streamline and expedite the creation of cyber mission effects.
- Understand legal compliance policy and mission risk factors that affect mission decisions and ensure that technical solutions incorporate appropriate decision points and mitigation capabilities.
- Support engineering efforts to create requirements focused on the identification of vulnerabilities and corresponding threats with the goal of influencing mitigation strategies and solutions.
- Performing risk and opportunity assessments through synthesis of information across intelligence disciplines and open-source information.
- Utilize graph and other specialized database tools to store, retrieve and evaluate cyber mission information and knowledge.
- Contribute to knowledge management by entering sources and analyst findings into appropriate databases and other repositories on a timely basis.
- Assist with the development of requirements for databases and other knowledge repositories.
Active TS/SCI with polygraph clearance
Minimum of twenty (20) recent years of work experience in information assurance or computer network operations, or a combination of a minimum of seventeen (17) recent years of work experience in information assurance or computer network operations and a Bachelor’s degree in an applicable field.
Shall have demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to research, analyze, and report on computer network operations, trends and use of tools and techniques
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability