This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 193328
Location: SPRINGFIELD, VA, United States
Date Posted: Sep 19, 2019
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Poly
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC is seeking a Strategic Geospatial Technologist to support and provide guidance to the GeoCapabilities team on strategic business planning, product concept development, adoption and/or integration as well as the IT engineering necessary for the identified geospatial capabilities.
· Support the continued development and successful transition to operations of key GEOINT Services capabilities and transformational technology approaches.
· Demonstrate expert level specialized acquisition and program management expertise supporting the implementation of direction from ODNI, Under Secretary of Defense for Intelligence (USDI), the Director of NGA, and the management structure of Chief Information Office – Technology (CIO-T).
· Support product managers, project managers, developers and/or product line leads within GeoInt services with the identification, tracking, mitigation and resolution of technical risks, gaps/shortfalls and issues with GEOINT services capabilities.
· Research, track and understand new geospatial and related technologies to provide technical expertise for GEOINT Services’ development of geospatial services and applications.
· Support and provide guidance to the GeoCapabilities team on strategic business planning, product concept development, adoption and/or integration as well as the IT engineering necessary for the identified geospatial capabilities.
· Work across and represent the GeoCapabilities portfolio, ensuring the capabilities support mission partners and customers to the greatest extent.
· Work with the mission user community across the NSG in support of requirements generation and capability integration, leading to creation of future GeoCapabilities business and partnership strategies.
· Communicate status and/or technical details of problems/projects to Government and industry stakeholders
· B.S. Degree in Engineering or Physical Sciences (Physics, Geology, etc), Geography, Computer Science or related technical or Geospatial-related degree.
· Expert level knowledge of modern software and application development, specifically with geospatial applications and services.
· Expert level geospatial domain knowledge in at least two functional areas (geospatial data creation, GIS, imagery analysis, imagery collection, etc.)
· Deep knowledge of geospatial requirements and capabilities used across the NSG
· Experience working in or with National intelligence or warfighter issues and operations
· Understanding of NGA legacy and cloud based NGA IT platforms and security accreditation processes
· Experience working with through the processes of developing, deploying and security accrediting technologies in an IC cloud architecture (AWS, C2S and GovCloud, etc)
· Experience working in a physically dispersed team environment on large, complex and agile programs
· In-depth understanding of modern software and application development, specifically with geospatial applications and services requirements
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills; demonstrated ability to successfully interact with, support and brief a wide variety of audiences ranging from development teams to senior government staff.
· M.S./M.A (or equivalent work experience) in Engineering or Physical Sciences (Physics, Geology, etc), Geography, Computer Science or related technical or Geospatial-related degree
· Business Management or Project Management degree, certification or work experience
· Experience with the NGA acquisition processes
· Experience representing and advising the Government on Geospatial technologies
· Management, use and integration of technologies originating from industry, academia and/or research and development
· At least one AWS Cloud Certifications (Examples include AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate; AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional).
· Knowledge of technology, processes, principles, and on-boarding of micro-processes into modern Cloud architectures (AWS, C2S, and GovCloud).
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability