Information Security Specialist
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 193696
Location: ARLINGTON, VA, United States
Date Posted: Sep 17, 2019
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Top Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
is seeking an Information Security Specialist, duties will include:
- Continuously assess the application of the most
current DoD and customer policy and practices for the protection of classified
and controlled unclassified information (CUI) and make recommendations for
- Oversee the development, preparation, and quality
control for all DD 254s, Contract Security Classification Specifications, for
all funded efforts, regardless of contracting agent, and assist PSOs and PSRs
with determining appropriate security requirements for contract efforts.
- Process DD 254s for approval and dissemination to
- Apply and/or advise technical office personnel on the
application of appropriate classification markings.
- Manage the Agency Mandatory Declassification Program
and make recommendations to Original Classification Authorities (or their
delegates) regarding the declassification and distribution of declassified
- Coordinate declassification actions with the
appropriate customer technology offices and their respective security staffs
within 3 calendar days of receipt of formal a task.
- Prepare formal declassification decision
recommendation memorandums for the Declassification Authority.
- Review material to determine the appropriateness of
release to the public.
- Develop and implement programs for controlling and
destroying classified and controlled unclassified information.
- Oversee and support the development, preparation,
quality control, and staffing of security classification guides (SCGs) that
establish appropriate classification and declassification of material.
- Conduct quality control reviews of SCGs for staffing
and ensure the Office of Primary Responsibility (OPR) is notified of necessary
corrections (if necessary).
- Ensure SCGs passing quality control and classification
management requirements are staffed.
- Maintain metrics for all SCGs and their specific
life-cycle through signature by the OCA including the number of business days
at each reviewer’s level.
- Develop, prepare, and coordinate National
Interest Determinations (NID) in accordance with DSS and OSD AT&L SAPCO
a Top Secret clearance with ability to obtain SCI. Subject to a random counter-intelligence
scope polygraph as a condition of access eligibility.
- Capability and demonstrated successful experience in
performing information and industrial security activities including, but not
limited to, Special Security Agreements, Voting Trusts, Proxy Agreements, DD
254 Contract Security Classification Specifications, National Interest
Determinations (NIDs), and Manual Declassification review processes.
excellent research and data-gathering skills with an ability to
interpret/analyze complex information within operational Research &
Development (R&D) / S&T environments.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of specifically related,
successful, and demonstrable experience, 8 years of related, successful, and demonstrable
experience in lieu of a degree.
- Must have the ability to work in an extremely fast
paced, dynamic environment, effectively interacting with numerous internal and
external government and industry partners.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word,
PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability