SAIC is in need of a Systems Security Engineer (SSE) Ant-Tamper to support one of our NAVAIR programs at NAS Pax River, MD.
The SSE will be responsible for the application of engineering principles to investigate, analyze, plan, design, develop, implement, test or evaluate military weapons systems with a focus on Anti-Tamper (AT) and Systems Security work.
They will be tasked with supporting the government AT lead with analysis of program documentation to discover Critical Program Information (CPI) and create and evaluate AT solutions.
The SSE will be responsible for reviewing and preparing engineering and technical analyses, reports, change proposals and other technical documentation. They will be tasked with the application of systems engineering experience to perform functions such as system integration, configuration management, quality assurance testing, or acquisition and resource management. The SSE will analyze, design, develop, implement, test, or evaluate software, components, or systems related to engineering or functional requirements of military weapons systems, associated support systems, or management information systems.
The SSE will assess program information and advise the customer on the full and completeness of identified CPI.
- U.S. Citizen with an active Secret Level Security Clearance with the ability to obtain a Top Secret Clearance.
- Position requires a BS or BA degree from an accredited college or university in Engineering,in a related scientific discipline.
- Must have understanding of
- Basic networking, LAN vs. WAN, types of network protocols
- Virtual Machines
- software engineering, tools, languages
- SW & HW interaction
- X-ray interaction and effect on computer memory and other digital parts
- Reverse engineering is as regards both standard physical hardware and digital systems
- How aircraft systems work, from 400Khz power to systems of systems integration, aircraft data buses, active and passive sensors, communications, etc.
- How Navy aircraft relate to ships and comprehensive battle management systems
- Anti-Tamper is and the terminology, tools, and techniques
- Cyber resiliency, the ability of a system to continue to operate in the presence of cyber-attack – note that this is a different kind of resiliency that a bank needs
- Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS)
- Ability to theorize about passive and active cyber defensive systems, probably incorporating Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML)
- Active Top Secret Clearance
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability