Job ID: 194123
Location: CHANTILLY, VA, United States
Date Posted: Jan 22, 2020
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Aerospace Engr
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Poly
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No
Benefits: Click here
SAIC requires a Spacecraft Launch, Initialization and Checkout Specialist to provide technical and programmatic support to a Government Program Office acquiring and deploying an advanced technology demonstration satellite. The selected candidate will serve full-time as the lead for planning and execution of all activities required to support initialization and on-orbit demonstration phases. Key areas of focus include planning and execution of training, exercise and rehearsal support and transition between different initialization phases during execution.
• Provide direct customer support to assist in overseeing the planning and execution of initialization activities of an advanced technology demonstration satellite program.
• Identify and track issues/progress and provide technical and management coordination between the Program Office, the satellite contractor and the operations site.
• Assist in resource planning, acquisition/RFC process and support preparations as required to support planned activities.
• Ensure program CONOPS and supporting procedures are adequate and efficient and that personnel are sufficiently prepared.
• Attend operational facility design reviews and program management reviews to assess design maturity, requirements compliance and to provide informed technical recommendations to the USG.
• Attend Integrated Product Team (IPT) meetings as required.
• Review test plans/procedures and test results and test reports for completeness and accuracy, including compliance to approved plans, and provide feedback to the customer.
• Proactively identify and assess emerging technical and programmatic risks and then work with the contractor to develop and evaluate mitigation approaches.
• Develop productive relationships with contractor counterparts, functional counterparts, and other subject matter experts.
• Track development issues, significant accomplishments and upcoming events and provide weekly status updates, oral and in writing (email) to the customer.
• Perform in-depth review and analysis of programmatic (cost and schedule) detail in addition to technical (performance) detail.
• Excellent interpersonal, leadership, team building and problem solving skills with a demonstrated ability to be effective in a government/contractor team environment.
• Experience in DOD/IC acquisition and program management processes.
• Demonstrated sustained superior performance.
• Ability to accommodate change, manage priorities and apply creative solutions to problems.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability