SAIC needs exceptional personnel to enhance our forensic expertise to support the DOJ/ICITAP’s mission for building forensic capacity to collect, exploit and share Improvised Explosive Device (IED) and other terrorist related evidence with national and international authorities. SAIC is delivering this assistance, through ICITAP, with a full-time, on-site forensic expert or a combination of part-time forensic experts. The Forensic Advisor(s)/Trainer(s) will build the SPF Forensic Science Laboratory (FSL) capacity to serve as a single, authoritative collection point for centralized SPF evidence exploitation and forensic analysis. The Forensic Advisor(s)/Trainer(s) duties and responsibilities include:
- Train and advise FSL officials and technicians on the fundamentals of evidence management and triage; latent fingerprint development; explosive composition chemical analytic techniques; crime scene investigative/processing techniques; basic laboratory equipment monitoring, calibration and maintenance; as well as, other forensic disciplinary techniques such as ballistic analysis all in support of terrorist criminal investigations.
- Facilitate supplemental in-country training and mentoring with participation in other international or regional forensic training events to reinforce international forensics best practices.
- Assist and mentor FSL officials in establishing the foundation for expanding the forensic science capacity application to other criminal investigative activities.
- Advise, train and mentor SPF and FSL officials on the completion and processing of FSL Reports and preparation for FSL testimony in judicial hearings and trials.
- Train, advise and mentor FSL officials with direct assistance in developing, implementing and determining effectiveness of forensic Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). These SOPs will be in line with best practices and meet the legal requirements of Somali rules of evidence and legal system.Assist and mentor FSL officials in crime laboratory quality assurance capacities in establishing the framework for the FSL to meet international standards such as the International Standards Organization (ISO).
- Coordinate with various U.S. Government programs and officials optimizing opportunities for collaboration and cross-training.
- Prepare and deliver program updates, reports and briefings to U.S. Government officials
Work will be performed OCONUS and not physically located in Washington DC. Must be willing to deploy as needed in various countries.
- Minimum of a Masters degree in at least one (1) of the forensic sciences.
- Minimum of 15 years of forensic laboratory experience, with at least 2 years in a related field of expertise in an ASCLD/Lab accredited facility.
- Minimum of 8 years of international experience.
- Demonstrated continued education through publications, presentations, coursework, internships or certificates.
- Ability to work in austere environments under challenging conditions.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOJ issues Public Trust - requirements include US citizenship per the Government Customers requirements
- Additional years of experience may be substituted for degree
- Doctorate degree in at least one (1) of the forensic sciences.
- Experience in advising and training forensic professionals in African nations or other post-conflict, austere locations.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 23,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability