SAIC is looking for qualified candidates to provide Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Science and Technology (S&T) Directorate Office of Industry Partnerships (OIP).
The Cooperative Research and Development Agreement (CRADA) and Technology Transfer Lead will conduct quantitative analyses of information affecting investment programs of public or private institutions.
Program Management Support Tasks:
• Recommend and advise on program development and administration, to include improvements and optimization, through review of materials and discussion with CRADA PM. The contractor shall provide recommendations to CRADA PM in accordance with deadlines;
• Update and maintain S&T’s CRADA template documents in accordance with CRADA deadlines;
• Support S&T’s technology transfer activities by advising on federal technology transfer policies, developing technology transfer training curriculum, monitor technology transfer laws for federal laboratories, and review federal best practices;
• Coordinate with DHS labs and components to maintain awareness of invention disclosures and provide draft analysis of commercial potential and coordinate participation in DHS Invention Evaluation Board;
• Monitor and track DHS invention disclosures submitted to iEdison, track DHS license applications and term sheets and royalties, evaluate invention disclosures in consultation with the Commercialization Branch Chief;
• Prepare internal and external program/project documents, including documentation for the S&T Shared Project Sites, and correspondence (except responses to Congressional correspondence or to audits reports) in consultation with the CRADA PM;
• Prepare draft programmatic and technical slide presentations, white papers, and other documentation to support meetings, briefings, technical reviews, and presentations to senior leadership;
• Develop program documentation for unique S&T events and processes such as fact sheets/one pagers
• Review and process DHS CRADAs in accordance with applicable policies and regulations;
• Ensure compliance of research efforts with applicable policies and regulations, particularly with unique DHS S&T research requirements such as developing Privacy Threshold Assessments or more broad regulations such as International Trafficking in Arms Regulations and Export Administration Regulations;
• Attend program and technical meetings as required. These meetings shall include contract status meetings with performers, meetings with other government agencies working in the space, engagements with industry partners, and technical working groups.
o Provide meeting minutes to PM two business days after the meeting. Minutes shall capture attendees list, relevant discussion items and action items;
• Be conversant in details for discussion, both verbal and written, on CRADA program, details of specific projects and processes for current and potential performers, customers, and program partners; and
• Assist the CRADA PM by supporting the development of constructive relationships with program stakeholders across the Federal government, to include within DHS and outside of DHS;
• Identify and pursue opportunities for intellectual property licensing and participating in discussions with inventors and potential licensees;
• Coordinate with legal staff to identify options for technology transfer mechanisms for a variety of DHS technologies; and
• Assist the Commercialization Branch Chief and CRADA PM by developing, drafting, coordinating, reviewing, and finalizing technology transfer agreements, technology licenses, product-development agreements, commercialization documents, CRADAs, and other and other OGC-generated legal documents.
• Maintain organized and logical files for all necessary program, project and performer documentation, including electronic and hard copy;
• Coordinate, organize, attend, and facilitate reviews and technical workshops as needed. The contractor shall coordinate scheduling with all required participants, provide logistical requirements to attendees, assist CRADA PM with development of any necessary materials, and capture meeting minutes;
• Assist with other OIP data call responses (except those related to the drafting of Congressional testimony, responses to Congressional correspondence, or responses to audits reports);
• Assist with assorted OIP level tasks to include, but not limited to:
o The creation of division level documents (i.e. Annual Reports, Strategies);
o The development of budget write-ups (i.e. Congressional Justifications); and
o Preparation for, and conduct of, OIP sponsored meetings and conferences.
Bachelors and nine (9) years or more of related experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
• Must have intellectual property experience.
• Must have knowledge and demonstrated experience working in a research and development organization including the technology transfer and commercialization process.
• Must have experience with licensing and royalties.
• Must have experience with iEdison, an electronic system to report inventions arising out of federally funded research to the government agency that issued the funding.
• Must have secret clearance
• High proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
Excellent communication and organizational skills
Ability to multi-task and respond to quick turn-around requests, and willingness to assist other support contractors to complete tasks efficiently
• Demonstrated ability to proactively engage in support activity unrelated to defined job description.
• Strong skills in time management and ability to work independently.
Must be a US Citizen with an active Secret clearance
• Prior experience with DHS and/or law enforcement is a plus.
• Prior experience with DHS S&T is a plus.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability