The Infrastructure Manager job function will be performed for a large Federal financial agency with regional footprint across the US and highly complex IT ecosystem akin to that of a Fortune 500 company. The large Federal financial agency maintains a single data center which should be considered complex, in that it supports all classes of servers, storage, databases, networking, applications, and security.
The Infrastructure Manager shall develop a strategy of operation that is consistent with the customer enterprise architecture (EA) and that lays the groundwork for CMMI Level - 3 certification at a minimum.
Qualifications Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more of related experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more of related experience.
- Experience managing Data Center Operations similar in size and scope to that of the TOR, to include, at a minimum, the following data center operations activities:
- Hours of operation
- Clientele supported and their location
- Mainframe and server management
- Disaster recovery and failover
- Batch job scheduling in mainframe and distributed (i.e. Windows and UNIX) operating system environment.
- Experience managing teams of project managers and/or technical resources
- Knowledge of enterprise level infrastructure
- Experience managing multiple concurrent projects
- Experience training, mentoring, and leading project management professionals and senior level engineers
- Experience managing major server consolidation efforts.
- Experience managing major storage consolidation efforts.
- Experience with developing Data Center Operations to meet CMMI L3 certification requirements.
- Experience managing IBM Z9 mainframe with z/OS Operating System.
- Experience with organizational transformation.
- Experience translating between technical issues and business issues.
- Experience with systems engineering in the context of a large, complex infrastructure.
- Previous Supervisor experience of projects or project teams.
- Prioritize and assign trouble tickets to data center technicians and operators
- Routinely review ticket queue for large events and address accordingly
- Coordinate change management resources
- Guide, train and educate data staff on the best practices related to all service owner issues
- Manage and deliver mid-size projects
- Recommend, document, and oversee policies and procedures to meet industry best practices and to meet required SLAs
- Manage a diverse team of data technicians with varying skills
- Provide weekly reports to the data center cluster manager
- Maintain the on-call schedule coordinating absence and vacations
- Recruit and train data technicians to ensure appropriate staffing levels
Experience in large-scale data center environments, planning and coordinating
An understanding of server infrastructure automation and concepts such as provisioning, out-of-band access and configuration management
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability