The Infrastructure Manager job function will be performed for a large Federal financial agency with regional footprint across the US and highly complex IT ecosystem akin to that of a Fortune 500 company. The large Federal financial agency maintains a single data center which should be considered complex, in that it supports all classes of servers, storage, databases, networking, applications, and security.
The Infrastructure Manager shall develop a strategy of operation that is consistent with the customer enterprise architecture (EA) and that lays the groundwork for CMMI Level - 3 certification at a minimum.
Qualifications Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more of related experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more of related experience.
- Experience managing Data Center Operations similar in size and scope to that of the TOR, to include, at a minimum, the following data center operations activities:
- Hours of operation
- Clientele supported and their location
- Mainframe and server management
- Disaster recovery and failover
- Batch job scheduling in mainframe and distributed (i.e. Windows and UNIX) operating system environment.
- Experience managing teams of project managers and/or technical resources
- Knowledge of enterprise level infrastructure
- Experience managing multiple concurrent projects
- Experience training, mentoring, and leading project management professionals and senior level engineers
- Experience managing major server consolidation efforts.
- Experience managing major storage consolidation efforts.
- Experience with developing Data Center Operations to meet CMMI L3 certification requirements.
- Experience managing IBM Z9 mainframe with z/OS Operating System.
- Experience with organizational transformation.
- Experience translating between technical issues and business issues.
- Experience with systems engineering in the context of a large, complex infrastructure.
- Previous Supervisor experience of projects or project teams.
- Prioritize and assign trouble tickets to data center technicians and operators
- Routinely review ticket queue for large events and address accordingly
- Coordinate change management resources
- Guide, train and educate data staff on the best practices related to all service owner issues
- Manage and deliver mid-size projects
- Recommend, document, and oversee policies and procedures to meet industry best practices and to meet required SLAs
- Manage a diverse team of data technicians with varying skills
- Provide weekly reports to the data center cluster manager
- Maintain the on-call schedule coordinating absence and vacations
- Recruit and train data technicians to ensure appropriate staffing levels
Experience in large-scale data center environments, planning and coordinating
An understanding of server infrastructure automation and concepts such as provisioning, out-of-band access and configuration management
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability