The LAN & Remote Access Technical Lead may design, analyze, plan, modify, and maintain networks and network components supporting data, voice and/or audio communication activities. Prepares the analysis of short/long term capacity needs for switching, routing transmission and signaling. May conduct network architecture design, feasibility and cost studies as well as internal studies of network performance and traffic analysis. May evaluate new technology. Duties may include providing specifications and detailed schematics for network architecture; providing information for hardware and software selection; and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements. Conducts testing of network systems. Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, switchers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc. Evaluates and reports on new network technologies to enhance capabilities of the network.
The LAN and Remote Access Technical Lead shall:
- Serve as a technical expert and manager for all LAN and Remote Access operations and maintenance;
- Advise on LAN and Remote Access design, architecture, and engineering;
- Maintain a thorough expertise and understanding of LAN and Remote Access Devices and their configurations, including but not limited to switches, routers, wireless access points, and firewalls;
- Advise on technology innovations, security threats, and other industry trends;
- Lead the development of technical requirements for Supplier operating agreements; and maintain a detailed understanding of the Software and Device supporting Network Monitoring Tools (NMT), and the monitoring / reporting capabilities of the NMT.
- Experience and Understanding of telecommunications
- Experience supervising projects or project teams.
- Experience in the implementation and customization of
network management and performance tooling.
- Experience with Network Monitoring Tools (NMT).
- Proficient in analytical project planning, negotiating, interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability