The Senior Network Engineer Lead may design, analyze, plan, modify, and maintain networks and network components supporting data, voice and/or audio communication activities. Prepares the analysis of short/long term capacity needs for switching, routing transmission and signaling. May conduct network architecture design, feasibility and cost studies as well as internal studies of network performance and traffic analysis. May evaluate new technology.
Duties may include:
- Providing specifications and detailed schematics for network architecture; providing information for hardware and software selection; and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
- Conducts testing of network systems. Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, switchers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.
- Evaluates and reports on new network technologies to enhance capabilities of the network.
- Develop and maintain detailed documentation relating to procedures, processes and standards.
- Evaluate and recommend new procedures, software or other tools to enhance capabilities.
- Perform packet capture and analysis to baseline network performance and/or troubleshoot performance issues
- Capture and packet analysis to baseline network performance and/or troubleshoot performance issues
- Provide troubleshooting and support for network issues, perform fixes and document the procedures
The Senior Network Engineering Lead should have the following:
- Proficiency in analytical project planning, negotiating, interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience in all phases of LAN/WAN/wireless LAN Life Cycle network requirements, design, test and evaluation, implementation, refresh, management/operation, and traffic analyses.
- Experience developing and documenting high-level and detailed/low-level network architecture designs, including developing end-to-end physical (layer 1) and logical (layer 2 and Layer 3) network architecture designs.
- Working knowledge of routing protocols, switching, and firewall technologies
- Experience with troubleshooting and resolving issues and providing proactive customer engagement via various communications ways.
- Experience with Network management including monitoring, performance management, configuration management, asset management/inventory, etc. and with SNMPv3/v2/v1 network management tools, security management tools, traffic analysis tools.
- Ability to complete the project and quality deliverables in a successfully and timely manner.
- Excellent communication skills
Bachelors in an Information Technology and nine (9) years or more of related experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more of related experience.
One or more of the following: Cisco CCNA certifications (Routing and Switching), CCNA Security, Cisco CCNP certifications (Routing and Switching, Security, Wireless and Data Center)
7 years or more experience in design, engineering, implementing and supporting telecommunications and data network for medium to large enterprise with multiple remote offices nation-wide.
7 years or more experience in routing and switch technology and protocol (CCIE is preferred).
7 years or more experience of hands-on in design robust and redundant Metropolitan Area Network (MAN), MPLS-based Wide Area Network (WAN) and Local Area Network (LAN) in a mixed network equipment Contractors such as Cisco, Juniper, etc.
7 years or more experience working security engineering and technology such as firewall, IDS, encryption appliance.
Previous Supervisor experience of projects or project teams.
Proficient in analytical project planning, negotiating, interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
Self-starter with good interpersonal skills, team player, good oral and written communication, organizational skills, and good customer service.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability