Job ID: 194838
Location: EL SEGUNDO, CA, United States
Date Posted: Jun 30, 2020
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI
Potential for Remote Work: No
SAIC is currently looking for a Systems Engineer to provide management and oversight of the systems engineering (SE) activities for the Launch Enterprise (LE) Directorate at SMC. Key aspects of this oversight will include the following:
• Enterprise Integration for the Directorate
o Includes portfolio and knowledge management activities
• Oversight of the Technical Management Process Leads o Including technical baseline management, risk management, configuration management, data management, etc.
• Oversight of the Technical Process Leads o Including each phase of the standard systems engineering “Vee” process lifecycle, cybersecurity, and specialty engineering
The Chief Engineer is responsible for oversight of all the engineering staff supporting the Directorate. The Chief Engineer and their staff will interact with and oversee development contractor activities, on behalf on the Government program managers and the Government engineering lead. The Chief Engineer will also oversee Directorate- level, cross-enterprise process support for the enterprise integration and technical management process areas. All of this functional support will follow standard process flows, as tailored for the specific Directorate activities. The Chief Engineer will report directly to the LE SE&I Program Manager and serve as part of the Key Personnel leadership team for the effort.
Job Specific Responsibilities:
• Oversight and management of all systems engineering process activities
• Lead SE activities based on sound engineering practices
• Elicit and refine customer requirements
• Ensure designs fully support requirements and are consistent with customer budget, schedule, risk profile and organizational/system constraints
• Performs Systems Engineering activities including: concept of operations formulation, requirements definition, analysis and engineering, system architecting, system analysis and design, interface and data architectures, validation and verification, systems integration, system & operational performance analysis, Lifecycle cost analysis & estimation, and decision analysis.
• Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
• Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software or engineering specifications.
• Provides specific, detailed information for selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more experience; PhD or JD and nine (9) years or more experience. Years of experience can be used in Lieu of degree.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
• Clearance level: DoD Top Secret / SCI
• Demonstrated application of advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts
• Contributed to development of new principles and concepts
• Participated with senior managers to establish strategic plans and objectives
• Ability to recommend/make decisions on administrative or project work matters and ensures effective achievement of program, project, or organizational objectives
Desired Education and Years of Experience:
• Bachelors (STEM) and fourteen (14) years or more of related experience
o Masters and twelve (12) years or more of related experience
o PhD or JD and nine (9) years or more of related experience
• INCOSE Certification Desired Qualifications and Experience
• Work proficiently on unusually complex technical problems and provide solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious
Desired Technology Experience:
• Launch Integration
• New Entrant Certification
• Launch Vehicle Systems: Avionics, Propulsion, Structures
• Space and Ground systems
• Model Based Systems Engineering
• Requirements development/validation
• Concept of operations formulation
• Analysis and engineering
• System architecting
• Hardware and software
• System analysis and design
• Interface and data architectures
• Systems integration
• Test and evaluation
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability