Job ID: 194836
Location: VANDENBERG AFB, CA, United States
Date Posted: Aug 6, 2020
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI
Potential for Remote Work: No
SAIC is currently looking for a Systems Engineer to provide management and oversight of the launch site SE&I activities for the Launch Enterprise (LE) Directorate at SMC. This position is located at Vandenberg AFB, CA. Key aspects of this oversight will include the following:
• Launch Site Mission Assurance activities, in cooperation with FFRDC
• Launch Site scheduling
• Launch Site support: safety, environmental, logistics, software, range support The Launch Site SE&I Lead – Vandenberg AFB (VBG) will report directly to the LE SE&I Program Manager and serve as part of the Key Personnel leadership team for the effort.
Job Specific Responsibilities:
• Lead activities based on sound engineering and acquisition practices
• Elicit and refine customer requirements
• Ensure designs fully support requirements and are consistent with customer budget, schedule, risk profile and organizational/system constraints
• Performs Systems Engineering activities including: concept of operations formulation, requirements definition, analysis and engineering, system architecting, system analysis and design, interface and data architectures, validation and verification, systems integration, system & operational performance analysis, Lifecycle cost analysis & estimation, and decision analysis.
• Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
• Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software or engineering specifications.
• Provides specific, detailed information for selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
• Clearance level: DoD Top Secret / SCI
• Participated with senior managers to establish plans and objectives
• Ability to recommend/make decisions on administrative or project work matters and ensures effective achievement of program, project, or organizational objectives
Desired Education and Years of Experience:
• Bachelors (STEM) and nine (9) years or more of related experience
o Masters and seven (7) years or more of related experience
o PhD or JD and four (4) years or more of related experience
• INCOSE Certification
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
• Work proficiently on unusually complex technical problems and provide solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious
Desired Technology Experience:
• Launch Integration
• Space and Ground systems
• Launch Site activities
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability