Job ID: 194835
Location: CAPE CANAVERAL, FL, United States
Date Posted: Oct 12, 2020
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI
Potential for Remote Work: No
SAIC is currently looking for a Systems Engineer to provide management and oversight of the launch site SE&I activities for the Launch Enterprise (LE) Directorate at SMC. This position is located at Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, FL. Key aspects of this oversight will include the following:
• Launch Site Mission Assurance activities, in cooperation with FFRDC
• Launch Site scheduling
• Launch Site support: safety, environmental, logistics, software, range support The Launch Site SE&I Lead –CCAFS will report directly to the LE SE&I Program Manager and serve as part of the Key Personnel leadership team for the effort.
Job Specific Responsibilities:
• Lead activities based on sound engineering and acquisition practices
• Elicit and refine customer requirements
• Ensure designs fully support requirements and are consistent with customer budget, schedule, risk profile and organizational/system constraints
• Performs Systems Engineering activities including: concept of operations formulation, requirements definition, analysis and engineering, system architecting, system analysis and design, interface and data architectures, validation and verification, systems integration, system & operational performance analysis, Lifecycle cost analysis & estimation, and decision analysis.
• Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
• Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software or engineering specifications.
• Provides specific, detailed information for selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
• Clearance level: DoD Top Secret / SCI
• Participated with senior managers to establish plans and objectives
• Ability to recommend/make decisions on administrative or project work matters and ensures effective achievement of program, project, or organizational objectives
Desired Education and Years of Experience:
• Bachelors (STEM) and nine (9) years or more of related experience
o Masters and seven (7) years or more of related experience
o PhD or JD and four (4) years or more of related experience
• INCOSE Certification
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
• Work proficiently on unusually complex technical problems and provide solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious
Desired Technology Experience:
• Launch Integration
• Space and Ground systems
• Launch Site activities
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.