Job ID: 194833
Location: EL SEGUNDO, CA, United States
Date Posted: Oct 17, 2019
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC is currently looking for a Systems Engineer to provide management and oversight of the launch mission assurance activities for the Launch Enterprise (LE) Directorate at SMC. Key aspects of this oversight will include the following:
• Launch Mission Assurance activities, in cooperation with FFRDC
o Tracking status and risk for related activities: certification, safety/environmental, launch site interfaces/plans, system component readiness (schedule and technical maturity) The Launch Mission Assurance Lead will report directly to the LE SE&I Program Manager and serve as part of the Key Personnel leadership team for the effort.
Job Specific Responsibilities:
• Lead activities based on sound engineering and acquisition practices
• Elicit and refine customer requirements
• Ensure designs fully support requirements and are consistent with customer budget, schedule, risk profile and organizational/system constraints
• Performs Systems Engineering activities including: concept of operations formulation, requirements definition, analysis and engineering, system architecting, system analysis and design, interface and data architectures, validation and verification, systems integration, system & operational performance analysis, Lifecycle cost analysis & estimation, and decision analysis.
Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
• Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software or engineering specifications.
• Provides specific, detailed information for selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience. Years can be used in Lieu of a degree.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
• Clearance level: DoD Top Secret / SCI
• Participated with senior managers to establish plans and objectives
• Ability to recommend/make decisions on administrative or project work matters and ensures effective achievement of program, project, or organizational objectives
Desired Education and Years of Experience:
• Bachelors (STEM) and nine (9) years or more of related experience
• Alternatives: o Masters and seven (7) years or more of related experience. Years of experience can be used in Lieu of degree
o PhD or JD and four (4) years or more of related experience
• INCOSE Certification Desired Qualifications and Experience
• Work proficiently on unusually complex technical problems and provide solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious
Desired Technology Experience:
• Launch Integration
• Space and Ground systems
• Launch Vehicle Systems: Avionics, Propulsion, Structures
• Launch Certification
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability