Cyber Security Engineer / Architect Principal
SAIC is seeking a Firewall Management Principal to lead the Firewall Configuration Management of SAIC Firewall devices in the SAIC ITO Cyber Engineering team. This position will report to the Cyber Security Engineering / Architecture Senior Manager. This role is a key business enabler to provide information security risk analysis and strategic recommendations for the ongoing improvement of Information Security within the organization. The candidate should have deep security, data and operational experience. This position will lead the Firewall change approval and configuration management effort and is critical to the success of the organization by providing high confidence in understanding the attack surface of our infrastructure. This position will be directly responsible for operational aspects as they work between teams to ensure secure firewall configuration within our partners in ITO operations.
· Play a key role in the overall network security system design of large scale networks
· Maintain and enhance the standing security systems, deploy new security capabilities and provide security engineering services to non-security specific IT efforts
· Collaborate with Network Security Operations teams to ensure proper operational management of network security systems.
· Maintenance responsibility to include helping to ensure firewall, content filtering, IPS and cloud security tool policies are being updated in accordance with the established standards, capacity planning and handling engineering level problems.
· Develop and maintain up-to-date baselines for the secure configuration and operations of all in-place system
· Experience designing, deploying and maintaining enterprise class firewall solutions.
· Experience designing, deploying and maintaining enterprise class forward proxy and content filtering solutions.
· Working knowledge of enterprise firewall solutions (Palo Alto, VMware NSX)
· Possesses strong understanding of networking concepts, network security architecture and common modern operating systems, including Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, UNIX, and mobile device platforms including Android and iOS.
· Experience with Public Cloud Platforms Architecture and Deployment (AWS, Azure, GCP) configuration and administration of security features & services
· Strong TCP/IP networking skills.
· Ability to effectively manage many different tasks simultaneously.
· Extensive background in internetworking, LAN, and WAN technologies
· Maintain up-to-date detailed knowledge of the IT industry as it relates to the technologies identified as primary responsibilities including awareness of new or revised solutions and improved processes.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Basic knowledge of Security Standards/Controls specified under various IT governance and compliance models (NIST, HIPAA, PCI, GDPR, ISO 27001 27002)
Bachelors and nine (9) years or more of related experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more of related experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more of related experience.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability