This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 195224
Location: RESTON, VA, United States
Date Posted: Sep 3, 2019
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Solutions Archt
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: Yes
SAIC is seeking an Application Modernization Solution Architect to join our Software Solutions leadership team in Reston, VA. Our vision at SAIC is to be the premier technology integrator in our market by making a profound difference supporting our customers’ missions. In SAIC’s Software Solutions organization, we are transforming software design, development and deployment for our customers across the federal government. Our matrix structure enables career mobility across 150+ projects with software. SAIC’s Solution Architects lead technical solutioning teams to develop creative solutions to our customers’ needs. Job Description: SAIC seeks a Solution Architect to join the Software Solutions leadership team to solve challenging, complex, mission critical challenges. The Solution Architect will provide technical leadership and execution support for large, complex, strategically important, enterprise programs and proposals. Leveraging expertise in modern software technologies, the Solution Architect will define implementation architecture and provide vision and direction for project and proposal teams.
- Performs as the Technical Lead for multiple, capture activities. In this role the SA will be responsible for all aspects of technical solution development based on technical and customer domain knowledge and experience, and will leverage domain expertise to develop a comprehensive understanding of customer requirements and lead the development of a complete solution meeting all technical requirements resulting in a price competitive proposal.
- Leads the software aspects of business development and support all aspects of solution development including architecture definition, proposal writing, proposal reviews and BOE development.
- Contributes ideas and thoughts to differentiate SAIC from competitors.
- Defines software architectures that provide security, scalability, fault tolerance and optimal performance. Makes recommendations to share best-practice knowledge and improve internal processes across the organization. Works with corporate and other teams to provide consistency across SAIC.
- Performs in a relatively short duration as the Technical Lead or Chief Architect for customer projects strategic to the company, especially at the beginning of a project to lay a solid foundation for the subsequent work
A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field. A software development background is required.
14 additional years’ IT experience in multiple functional areas.
Ability to thrive in a team/collaborative environment.
Ability to function at a fast pace with multiple deadlines.
US Citizenship Required.
Must have participated on application modernization efforts
Must be able to communicate effectively, both written and oral, and be able to communicate technical information to non-technical as well as technical personnel. This position requires the ability to communicate with all levels of customer and SAIC personnel.
Must have experience in responding to request for proposals (RFP) and request for information (RFI) as an SA or a similar role
Must have experience working on Government contracts preferably within Fed/Civ and DoD projects.
Must have understanding of full SDLC, and have experience leading Agile Teams; Scrum master a plus
Must have system integration and/or software development experience using open source software and COTS
Experience/knowledge of tools and techniques for Agile and DevOps
Experience in defining Technical Solutions using Cloud based solutions (e.g. AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform)
Hands-on experience and/or deep knowledge of digital transformation technical domains (e.g. microservices, containers, cloud native development, API management, mobile development)
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability