SW Engineer - Backend Developer
Job ID: 196465
Location: SAN DIEGO, CA, United States
Date Posted: Oct 22, 2019
Subcategory: SW Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC has a contingent opportunity for a Software Engineer to support a Navy contract. This position is contingent upon contract award and will be located in San Diego, CA.
The Software Engineer will support the design and development of reliable, modular, and secure back-end software components for use on a command and control (C2) platform for autonomous aerial and ocean systems.
Job duties may include:
- Design, development, and review of software modules for the C2 system.
- Testing of software modules to validate performance against system requirements.
- Capture, analysis, documentation of system requirements based on stakeholder expectations.
- Building software modules to requirements in an agile software development environment.
- Participating in brainstorming and requirements development meetings.
- Placing software artifacts into configuration management systems, including but not limited to CM Pro and Git.
- Providing engineering review and guidance to Jr team members
- Active participation in team brainstorming and technical review meetings
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other relevant major
At least 3 years of experience with:
- Object-oriented programming and in-depth knowledge of modern programming languages like C++ and Python
- Designing infrastructure and supporting applications in a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) environment
- Experience with concurrency and multi-threading environments
- Design and building infrastructure for a flexible, scalable system
Experience with the following is desired
- Familiarity with publish/subscribe architecture, handling real-time data streams (ideally familiar with Data Distribution Service (DDS)
- Linux operating system (i.e. CentOS, RedHat, Ubuntu) and familiarity with the Linux command line
- Version control software and tools such as Git and JIRA
- Relational Databases and SQL (MySQL). (Relational database design and database performance optimizations)
- Jenkins, working with continuous integration and delivery pipelines
- Architecting and automating build processes, working with continuous integration and delivery pipelines (Jenkins)
Proficiency with Microsoft Office software products, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
CLEARANCE REQUIREMENT: Must be able to obtain a Secret security clearance
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability