Job ID: 196487
Location: WASHINGTON, DC, United States
Date Posted: Oct 1, 2019
Category: Program Management
Subcategory: Program Mgmt
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Remote Work: No
Join SAIC’s team delivering the best in class Service Desk, End User Services, Operations Engineering, Infrastructure Architecture, and Technical Program Management information technology services to a federal agency.
The Portfolio Manager will provide IT Project Management Support to assist in the design, development, procurement, implementation and Operations and Maintenance (O&M) of all projects. Using project management methodologies, frameworks, and best practices the Portfolio Manager will provide program support functions related to program planning and execution, Integrated Master Schedule creation and updates and document repository administration.
The Portfolio Manager must be proficient with ServiceNow components such as Service Catalog, Change/Incident/Problem Management, Project Management, Asset Management, Discovery, Knowledge, and CMDB. Project Management and Support Staff shall support the design, development, procurement, implementation, accreditation, and O&M for requests.
The project management support includes, but not limited to:
· Track project status using Enterprise Project Management tools including ServiceNow, Microsoft project, and SharePoint
· Create, manage and track items on the project sites such as projects, tasks, backlogs, risks, and documentation updates
· Ensure accountability for items on the Project schedule or Kanban board
· Minimize time between when a given project update occurs, and the time in which their status in project portfolio tool is updated
· Minimize the discrepancy between the milestones defined in projects, and the actual delivery of these project milestones
· Facilitate meetings and attend regular meetings to review project schedules, status and resource allocations
· Prepare and submit weekly status reports and charts
· Creating project documentation and communication to include SOPs and work instructions
· Coordinate closely with the other teams (agency, vendors, contractors, etc.) on projects to ensure smooth transitions
· Ensure requirements and deliverables are tracked and managed
· Submit quality deliverables in a timely fashion
· Assist in development of roadmaps, plans and technical briefing materials
· Follow a proven and documented standard systems Change Management methodology, approved by the agency for all changes
· Ensure updates, reports, meetings, and presentations are cohesive, timely, and professionally
· Support OMD initiatives and process improvement in different areas such as asset management, software licensing management
· Bachelors and ten (10) years or more of related experience; Masters and eight (8) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and two (2) years or more experience.
· Experience with industry frameworks and project management methodology including ITILv3, PMBOK, Agile, or Waterfall.
· Experience with ServiceNow, Microsoft project, and SharePoint
· PMP-ACP certification required
· Public Trust clearance
· Must be US Citizen
· Knowledge of and experience implementing ITIL / Service Management frameworks.
· Strong interpersonal and communications skills to effectively communicate with all levels of staff, both technical and non-technical.
· Ability to articulate and execute on a strategic vision at the department level that supports the overall IT vision/strategy, while at the same time ensuring quality tactical implementations are achieved.
· ITIL ® Foundation certification
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability