Job ID: 196424
Location: VICKSBURG, MS, United States
Date Posted: May 13, 2020
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Modeling/Sim Engr
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret
Potential for Remote Work: No
** Relocation Assistance available for Qualified Candidates with an Active Secret clearance **
** This position is in Vicksburg, MS **
The Data Analysis and Assessment Center (DAAC), is part of the DoD High Performance Computing Modernization Program (HPCMP) which supports and provides robust interactive data analysis tools (such as EnSight, ParaView, VisIt which are configured by DAAC to run in a client-server mode from local user workstations to HPC systems, and a special home-grown VNC solution called the Secure Remote Desktop). The DAAC also provides very high quality custom visualization deliverables of simulation data for users running on HPC systems. Further, the DAAC explores and promotes advanced visualization technology such as AR/VR solutions with Unity and Unreal game engines, participates in cross-HPCMP collaborations with customers, contractors and technology partners, and maintains a working relationship with other government entities to promote and advance data analysis and visualization applications.
Team SAIC is looking for a Visualization Analysis Expert who will become a vital team player in the Data Analysis and Assessment Center (DAAC) and will perform various duties related to Data Analysis and/or Visualization.
Typical Education and Experience:
Required Skills and Abilities
· Proficiency in using one or more of the following data analysis packages: EnSight, VisIt, and ParaView.
· Demonstrated experience in the areas of scientific visualization, data analysis and high performance computing.
· Working knowledge of Linux/Unix OS, shell scripting, a work load manager or batch queueing system, MPI tools, compiling ParaView and Visit from Superbuild scripts, using CMake, programming familiarity with C++, Python, Fortran, working with GIT repositories, SSH familiarity including tunneling, reverse tunneling, and port forwarding.
· Excellent problem solving and debugging skills
· Demonstrated ability to analyze complex technical problems and develop innovative solutions that leverage resources and meet customer needs effectively.
· Excellent customer interaction skills including written and verbal communication
· Team oriented individual capable of multi-tasking in a dynamic, demanding environment
· Organizational skills to balance and prioritize work in a dynamic work environment, and persistence to follow-through on tasks in the face of obstacles
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability