The KMO reports to the CoS and advises the Commander and staff on knowledge management. Responsible for creating, facilitating, and managing knowledge transfer systems designed to harness emerging information requirements through technological innovation and cultural engagement. Responsible for the management, coordination, and implementation that supports the CG's personal initiatives through direct engagement. The KMO ensures the knowledge management process and procedures are understood in the unit. He or she demonstrates how these processes and procedures improve efficiency and shared understanding during training and enhance operations effectiveness during operations. The KMO ensures section members understand the KM process and tools. They understand the major processes used in the unit and the functions of the information systems that support those processes. KMO helps the operations officer and signal staff officers map the processes and information systems that produce the common operational picture.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors and five (5) years experience (equivalent experience accepted in lieu of degree)
- Must be former Army KMO (ASI 1E)
- Must possess a current SECRET security clearance.
- Creating an organizational knowledge network and metrics for evaluating its effectiveness
- Developing knowledge management techniques, policies, and procedures ensuring command-wide dissemination.
- Advising the commander and staff on integrating knowledge management practices throughout the organization.
- Writing the KM annex to plans and orders and updating as necessary.
- Leading efforts to identify gaps in organizational processes.
- Leading the staff in assessing unit knowledge processes.
- Synchronizing KM functions and activities with higher commands and subordinate commands.
- Monitoring emerging KM trends for incorporation into unit operations.
- Directing KM working group efforts and facilitating meetings.
- Initiating, coordinating for, and maintaining a virtual right-seat ride capability
- Understanding the supporting information systems and knowing the subject-matter experts that support those systems.
- Coordinating with battle captain and operations section to clearly understand how the operations process applies to unit’s battle rhythm.
- Executing KM policies and plans in the KM section.
- Developing, organizing and supervising implementation of the unit’s content management effort.
- Assisting the staff in knowledge analysis to answer commander’s critical information requirements
- Seeking techniques to incorporated effective knowledge transfer and learning techniques into organizational learning.
- Mapping the unit’s KM network.
- Developing metrics for evaluating KM effectiveness
- Identifying operationally relevant trends, observations, insights, and lessons; and significant actions.
- Ensuring efficient processes for directing requests for information.
- Coordinating with the signal staff officer to ensure connectivity to relevant information systems and networks.
- Overseeing KM-related roles and responsibilities as directed by the KMO.
- Establishing procedures to monitor the appropriateness of a unit’s content.
- Developing the unit’s KM training and certification program.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability