Job ID: 195719
Location: DAHLGREN, VA, United States
Date Posted: Sep 9, 2019
Subcategory: SW Systems Engr
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Five (5) to Ten (10) years’ experience in software engineering in the areas of Computer Program Development and Modeling and Simulation, and computer program integration and environment setup on a major program.
Must possess or be able to obtain Security+ certification within 4 months.
- Experience with surface C2/Combat Systems including design, performance, analysis, military applications, or operational experience.
- Experience with interfacing systems, such as sensor systems, track management systems, electronic warfare, self-defense systems, displays, weapon systems and tactical data links in order to assess overall system and capability performance.
- Ability to assess software complexity in quantitative terms and able to translate complexity to approximate development time and cost to maintain.
- Experience in assessing software changes for impacts relative to complexity, throughput and accuracy.
- Experience performing research, design, and development of computer software systems, in conjunction with hardware product development.
- Experience clarifying program intent, identifying problems, suggesting changes, and determining extent of programming and coding required.
- Experience in designing computer programs, considering factors such as: computer storage capacity and speed; extent of peripheral equipment; and intended use of output data.
- Experience creating and analyzing test runs on computer to correct or direct correction of coded program and input data.
- Experience revising and directing revision of existing programs to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements.
- Experience compiling computer program development and subsequent revision documentation.
- Experience training subordinates in software design and program coding.
- Five (5) years’ experience in computer program integration and environment setup on a major program.
- Experience with Naval or Marine surface C2/Combat Systems, e.g. CAC2S, AEGIS and SSDS.
- Experience with all phases of software integration within an active software development environment.
- Experience with all types of software integration from source code to scripts to scenarios to test cases.
- Experience configuring/reconfiguring and integrating software and hardware environments on a deadline.
- Experience debugging within and across software environments and languages.
- Experience assisting with testing and field installation.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability