Job ID: 196146
Location: BROOMFIELD, CO, United States
Date Posted: Sep 19, 2019
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Technical Svcs
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC has an opening for a junior to mid-level Windows System Administrator/Engineer. The selected candidates will be part of a team responsible for architecting and designing infrastructure solutions for a health industry customer on a customer site in Rockville, MD. Will be responsible for the identification of new technology, developing strategies to improve network functionality, evaluating technology options, creating designs, testing/validating effectiveness of designs, project managing large migrations, as well as, providing day-to-day 3rd level trouble shooting support as needed.
Will require strong written and verbal communications skills and involve working directly with the customer on-site.
Systems Administration Support and Analysis (Windows)
Responsibilities to include:
• Perform daily system monitoring; verify the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes; review system and application logs; verify completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
• Repair and recover from hardware or software failures; coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
• Apply OS/3rd party application patches and upgrades on a regular basis
• Upgrade administrative tools and utilities; configure / add new services as necessary.
• Perform post-implementation 3rd level support, identifying root cause with strategic solutions to problems.
• Systems documentation and testing, including development of standard operational procedures.
• Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization; configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions.
• Perform cabling and connectivity duties in the server room.
• Perform Active Directory maintenance and management.
• Maintain user accounts.
• Install and configure new hardware.
• Provide GPO creation, editing and analysis.
• Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
• Provide on-call support on a rotational basis for HHS technical infrastructure.
Required Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in IT, Computer Sciences or a related discipline and 2+ years’ experience; 7+ years of specialized experience with a high school diploma or equivalent will be accept in lieu of a degree.
· Minimum of two (2) years of related experience as a Windows System Administrator, preferably with a MSCE certification for Windows 2012 or higher.
· Must have broad expertise in the specification, evaluation, installation, configuration, and management of networked computing facilities.
· Must have knowledge of most aspects of operating system administration including system installation and configuration, configuration of web and database servers, mail systems, fundamentals of security, installing third party software.
· Must be familiar with advanced networking/distributed computing environment concepts (TCP/IP, Routing, Firewalls, Network Security, etc)
· Must be an independent problem-solving, self-direction, ability to solve problems quickly and automate processes.
· Must have experience administering production-grade Windows 2012/2016 systems running IIS with multiple share domains in a 24X7 data center environment.
· Must have experience administrating production-grade Windows 2012/2016 systems running MS SQL Server in a multi-user environment.
· Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to train support technicians in complex topics, making presentations to an internal audience, and interacting positively with staff.
· Must have experience/knowledge of the principal of NAS/SANs concepts
· Must have experience/knowledge of principal of virtualization (VMWare in particular).
· Must have experience with Group Policy Objects.
· Must have experience with Powershell/Shell scripting.
• Experience with SCCM and/or Red Hat Satellite
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability