System Safety Engineer - Remote - FLEXWORK
Job ID: 195707
Location: FLEXWORK, VA, United States
Date Posted: Oct 18, 2019
Category: Human Resources
Subcategory: Conversion Import
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
- A successful candidate will work as part of a team analyzing equipment to identify hazards, categorize risk, and recommend mitigations to reduce the probability/severity of a mishap resulting in injury to personnel, equipment damage, and/or damage to the environment.
- Candidates will collaborate with government personnel, vendors and the user community to ensure the safety of Navy Weapon Systems to include one or more of the following; Missiles (SM-2/SM-3, RAM, NSSM, ESSM, Griffin Missile System), Navy Guns (Minor/Medium/Major Caliber), Laser Systems and Aegis).
- Systems safety analysis of hardware and software in a variety of US Navy and US Marines Corps weapons and combat systems.
- Prepare/update Safety Assessment Reports.
- Prepare/review/update Technical Data Packages and Presentation Materials in support of Safety Review Board Reviews including the Weapon System Explosive Safety Review Board (WSESRB) and Software Systems Safety Technical Review Panel (SSSTRP).
- Review System Requirements documentation to identify potential hazardous conditions and make recommendations to system design in collaboration with program staff.
- Perform operational analysis to identify potential deficiencies in operating procedures, training documentation, maintenance procedures, storage and handling procedures, and/or ordnance handling procedures.
- Make recommendations to commendations to resolve deficiencies.
- Review and make recommendations to test plans to ensure safety requirements are met.
- Assess Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs) and other system change requests to identify/verify safety risks.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or a technical related field, or military experience at E-7 or higher.
- 2+ years of experience
- Must currently possess or be able to obtain a Secret security clearance, interim clearance is acceptable.
- Experience conducting System Engineering Analysis, System Safety Analysis, Risk Management and/or Hazard Analysis
- Experience working with US Navy or US Marine Corps combat systems or platforms
- Experience operating, maintaining, testing, or analyzing weapons systems or complex mechanical or software systems especially those mentioned above
- Systems Engineering experience with US Navy or US Marine Corps weapons systems
- Experience preparing technical reports
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability