SAIC is seeking a BigFix Engineer to come join our team in Washington. D,C. The candidate will perform day-to-day activities required to distribute application/software/ patch packages and deploy operating systems using BigFix to end user hardware.
- Ensures all hardware are within compliance of the common operating environment, identifying and remediating discrepancies.
- Provides information and data utilized for asset reporting.
- Completes overall patch/release management as well as ensures all packages are deployed efficiently and as transparently as possible.
- Identifies, manages, and monitors for vulnerabilities that may affect compliancy requirements and change management procedures.
- Troubleshoots related issues for users and performs problem resolution in regard to related service requests.
- Provides subject matter expertise on issues and tasks related to the remote distribution of packages.
- Provides subject matter expertise for any and all issues that may affect workstations (OS, Application, Network, GPO, etc)
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
- Must have a minimum of 7 years of related experience distributing application and software packages using a remote deployment tools, specifically IBM BigFix.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of experience architecting and building enterprise solutions using Microsoft Windows Server including minimum of three years of environments in environments over 3000 users.
- Must have 5 years of experience supporting Microsoft Windows workstations with a minimum of Group Policy creation/modification/maintenance at the domain and local level, vulnerability remediation (software and configuration), application support/troubleshooting, and enterprise OS imaging.
- Must have experience monitoring end user hardware for vulnerabilities and compliance.
- MCSE certification (Current or Legacy) or similar MS certification.
- IBM Certified Deployment Professional - Endpoint Manager V9.2 preferred
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability