This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 195809
Location: HUNTSVILLE, AL, United States
Date Posted: Sep 30, 2019
Subcategory: SW Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
The Solutions and Technology Group of SAIC in Huntsville, AL has an opening for an Associate Software Engineer to support the Agile Team.
Agile Teams at SAIC are responsible for initiating new project startups, participating in technical demonstrations in support of bids and proposals, supporting existing project surge needs, as well as research and development of cutting edge solutions. The candidate will be required to collaborate with other Agile Team members and engineers outside of Huntsville for software development activities and general integration.
Job Description: The candidate will be a member of a highly-skilled and motivated team responsible for the assessment, design and implemention of solutions in a variety of software applictions and integrated systems for the fixed site simulator applications for the US Navy. The candidate will be developing using an Agile development environment, using various DevOps tools, such as Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket (Git), Jenkins, and Docker.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science / Engineering and 0+ related job experience
Clearance: Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance
· Familiar with using Linux/Windows development and build environments, as well as standard Visual Studio and Eclipse / NetBeans –based IDEs and other O/S command line tools.
· Knowledge of experience with Linux O/S commands and a good understanding of the C++ programming language
· Able to debug, compile, and test C++ source code
· Understand and utilize Git configuration management tools
· Understanding of basic object-oriented concepts and complex data structures
· Experience with C++ 11, 14, or 17
· Understanding or experience using shared pointers, lambdas, and templates
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability