SAIC is looking for a Sharepoint Developer to develop and support out-of-the-box and custom SharePoint solutions using scripts, web parts and features pertaining to agency objectives and goals, public programs, education, research, and other initiatives within the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation (PBGC), an independent agency of the United States government. The team operates within the agency’s Information Technology Infrastructure Operations Department (ITIOD). The role is a part of the Development, Modernization, and Enhancement Team providing engineering solutions in support of the PBGC ITIOD.
- Provides support for SharePoint applications
- Interfaces directly with stakeholders to develop quality applications and presentations that meet the standards and needs of the application
- Provides services to support management, ensures maximum effectiveness in the use of resources for the timely completion of projects
- Demonstrates written and oral communication skills
- Recommends changes to applications, content, and presentations as necessary to enhance effectiveness of applications
- Offer strategic guidance to client and able to provide Level of Efforts (LOEs) and manage development efforts, determine priorities and help meet the client’s objectives
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or another applicable field and five (5) years or more experience; (9) years of experience in lieu Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience
- 3+ years SharePoint development experience with .NET using Microsoft Visual Studio and front end user development using web technologies.
- Extensive experience of HTML, CSS, XSLT and Master Pages to manipulate look and feel of SharePoint sites and deliver a user-friendly experience to the client
- Extensive experience using InfoPath and SharePoint designer to develop workflows and data view web parts
- Experience with all aspects of SharePoint, including roles, permissions and hierarchy, taxonomy, infrastructure design, metadata and search, SharePoint services, SharePoint Designer and InfoPath.
- Experience with out-of-the-box SharePoint capabilities, including hierarchy, permissions, site and list templates, web parts development, workflow and content management.
- Extensive experience implementing solutions using SharePoint content types, lists, columns, web parts, features, page layouts, managed metadata keywords and other enterprise management features to provide collaboration solutions
- Work effectively with Leadership to develop efficient and effective SharePoint solutions to meet business requirements
- Ability to troubleshoot and remediate front end issues
- Enforce site standards, including security policies, to ensure the governance policies and processes are maintained
- Strong documentation and analytical skills
- Strong interaction skills including verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to handle a fast-paced environment
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability