Systems Engineer Principal-GEOINT Product Quality SETA
Job ID: 195825
Location: FORT BELVOIR, VA, United States
Date Posted: Aug 21, 2019
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Poly
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI with Poly
Potential for Teleworking: No
GEOINT Product Quality SETA
- SAIC has an opening for a Senior Engineer to provide Geospatial Intelligence (GEOINT) Product Quality systems engineering and technical advisory services in Springfield, VA.
- Support product quality evaluation on multiple technical programs as well as advising on process improvements.
- Advise all levels of government management from local engineer through senior leadership at site.
- Provide technical leadership encompasses evaluation and recommendation of courses of action on activities impacting data processing and dissemination, infrastructure systems engineering, full mission systems lifecycle (from concept development, enterprise requirements definition, integration and test, operations and maintenance, and decommissioning.
- Provide technical leadership to enable successful testing via implementing test plans, supporting conduct of test status meetings, facilitate test readiness and/or checkpoint reviews, review and develop comments on System discrepancy reports resulting in successful completion of test as part of operational transition activities.
- Support execution of operational transitions in accordance with the Communications Lifecycle Management Plan (CLMP) and Site Integration Standards (NSIS).
- Identify issues and process improvements to permit product quality improvements to improve efficiencies and provide more accurate/more easily understood data to the varied community of user customers.
- Propose key changes to technology insertions that improve utility of multi- intelligence data across multiple missions.
- Lead development of Test Execution Concept of Operations Documentations for variety of Testing Phases supporting transition to operations.
- Assess NSIS milestones (e.g. preliminary design reviews, critical design reviews, pre-ship reviews, test readiness reviews, operational readiness reviews, operational acceptance reviews, and decommission and deposal reviews).
- Evaluate stakeholder readiness in support of various NSIS milestones.
- Assess products such as GPQ Schedules, GPQ Project Management Plans, Evaluate/Review System Requests For Change, and develop associated performance metrics.
- Assess the GPQ schedule to the government, including coordinating schedule updates across contractor support staff.
- Support strategic and capabilities GPQ planning to support ICD level strategic planning.
- Develop Branch inputs to Division Capability Roadmap and identify areas requiring additional support to realize mission evolutionary goals to enable development of unfunded requirements.
- Assess projects in the context of cross-systems dependencies (technical, resource, schedule) and present unbiased findings, analysis, and recommendations to the government managers.
- Provide technical review and assessment of program development and readiness activities.
- Coordinate recommendations with government stakeholders across divisions and support regular program status reviews.
- Coordinate, staff, track and submit action item responses to the government as required.
- Establish and maintain close effective coordination with other operations divisions, review, document, and track project progress.
- Develop documents and briefings to communicate work or study status, brief government and industry as required.
- Provide technical oversight for and coordination of multidisciplinary technical teams to achieve project objectives.
- Work closely with program managers and engineering management to ensure alignment of project objectives, product strategy and technical solutions.
- Produce technical documents, reports and presentations for customers.
- Provide technical advisement resulting in the successful development, integration, testing and deployment a system for one or more customers.
- Demonstrate experience conducting analysis of trade studies to support evaluation of technical trade-offs and decision making.
- Support technical execution of projects that cover hardware/software system development, test and final integration on customer platforms.
- Provide systems engineering support to customer configuration management activities.
- Must be self-motivated with good interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills.
Required Education and
- Engineering or scientific Bachelor’s degree with 14+
years of experience or equivalent relevant experience in systems
- Direct and current experience with Operations and
systems engineering & integration processes essential
- NRO experience is a plus.
- GEOINT experience is required.
- CISSP and INCOSE Systems Engineering certifications are
- Extensive operational and systems engineering
- Project management experience with delivered systems.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Extensive recent familiarity with NRO missions and
- Articulate verbal and written communicator; confident
in presenting and explaining recommendations & analyses to all levels
- Ability to operate effectively with contractor, SETA,
FFRDC, and Government teammates.
- Expert user in Microsoft Office applications
(PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Access, Project, Visio) required.
- Active TS/SCI with current Polygraph.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability