The Electrical and Optical Systems Engineer in a highly technical position with focus on Lens/Optics who supports multiple project teams as both a contributor and a leader. In this position the engineer will review requirements to build a system and confirm during the build that the requirements are being met; mechanically and electrically. The engineer will also support the review and analysis of technical documentation such as specifications, interface documentation, and system link budgets. Test witnessing/verification and data review of communications hardware and systems is included as a function of the Electrical Engineer. The Engineer will demonstrate technical skills in telecommunications networks with a focus in fiber optic communications transport technologies and its applications. This position requires the engineer to interface with associate contractors, customers, and vendors as the project team’s technical representative. Technical report and white paper generation are also included as functions of this position. Regular CONUS travel to off-site locations may be required.
- Ability to design/setup/run tab tests.
- Current hands on lab experience.
- A strong understanding of standard telecom networks and protocols.
- An ability to review and understand technical telecom documentation such as hardware specifications, system interface control documentation, and system architecture requirements including power link budgets.
- An ability to provide a technical analysis of telecom hardware and system designs.
- Specialized experience in fiber optic communications.
- Demonstrated technical skills in telecommunications networks with a focus in fiber optic communications transport technologies and its applications.
- Must currently possess a TS/SCI clearance with Polygraph.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more experience; PhD or JD and nine (9) years or more experience
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability