Job ID: 196220
Location: MONTEREY, CA, United States
Date Posted: Nov 20, 2019
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Research Scientist
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Shall have at a minimum a B.S. degree in Meteorology, Oceanography, Physical Science, Computer Science, or in a related Mathematics and Engineering fields.
• Shall have 2 years of demonstrated experience in meteorological or oceanographic research and development in one of the following focus areas:
o NWP Focus: Must have research experience related to global and/or mesoscale NWP models and scripting along with parallel processing computing experience.
o DA Focus: Must have research experience related to global and/or mesoscale analysis or data assimilation software and scripting for the management of job submission and data processing tasks, including observation data handling and error handling.
o MAP focus: Must be co-developer for METOC applications including web-based applications and/or climatology applications with the ability to process data, analyze data, and write-up/publish results.
• Must demonstrate experience with a combination of FORTRAN, C, C++, or Java, and scripting programming languages using the LINUX operating system.
• Must have demonstrable report writing experience.
• Must have demonstrable data processing experience.
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Experience with a combination of FORTRAN, C, C++, or Java, and scripting programming languages using the LINUX operating system.
• High Performance Computing (HPC) experience.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability