Job ID: 196410
Location: NORFOLK, VA, United States
Date Posted: Aug 14, 2019
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Engineering Technician
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
POSITION: Engineering Technician – US Navy - MK-137 Mod 7 and 10 NULKA
JOB DESCRIPTION: This position will provide US Navy Combat Systems engineering and technical support to Mid Atlantic Regional Maintenance Center (MARMC) Code 292. The selected candidate will provide technical assistance for the refurbishment, removal, and installation of the MK 137 Mod 10 Nulka Launcher aboard US Navy vessels.
REQUIRED GENERAL EXPERIENCE:
A minimum of six (6) years full-time hands-on technical experience within last 15 years in the operation, maintenance, installation, test, and/or repair of electrical/electronic systems/equipment incorporated in Combat systems.
REQUIRED SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE:
· A minimum of three (3) years full-time engineering experience within the last ten (10) years in Combat systems in a hands-on role. Experience in a supervisory capacity over technicians operating and maintaining Combat systems is a plus.
· A minimum of one (1) year experience in refurbishment of MK 137 MODs 7 & 10 Nulka Launchers.
· A minimum of one (1) year experience in the removal and installation of MK-137 MODs 7 & 10 Nulka Launchers.
· Certified installer of PCMS, IAW NAVSEA Standard Item 009-78, with a minimum of three (3) years hands-on experience.
· A minimum of one (1) year hands-on experience with corrosion control and prevention.
OTHER DESIRED EXPERIENCE:
· Excellent communication skills to interface with numerous Engineering and Trades organizations and work with minimal supervision.
· Good technical writing and organizational abilities are required.
· Valid unexpired First Aid/CPR certification from an accredited institution (e.g., Red Cross)
· Valid unexpired U.S. Passport
REQUIRED CLEARANCE: Active DoD SECRET
TRAVEL REQUIRED: Up to 10%
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability