Job ID: 196408
Location: NORFOLK, VA, United States
Date Posted: Oct 12, 2020
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Engineering Technician
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No
DescriptionPOSITION: Engineering Technician – US Navy - Mk-45 5-inch Gun 54/62 Caliber Gun System
• Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of the 5”/54 Mk-45 Gun Mount
• Demonstrated successful completion of Class “C” school training on the 5”/54 Mk-45 Gun Mount
• A minimum of three (3) years hands-on experience performing 5”/54 Mk-45 Gun Mount inspections and repairs.
• Experience conducting 5”/54 Gun Mount inspections and repairs at a Mobile Technical Unit (MOTU), Fleet Technical Support Center, Atlantic (FTSCLANT) or any Regional Maintenance Center (RMC).
• Ability to interact with and lead multiple maintenance activities and effectively communicate technical information with senior engineers, technicians, Project Managers and Maintenance Team personnel
• Working knowledge of general office computer programs (e.g., Microsoft Office).
• Must have excellent communication skills to interface with numerous Engineering and Trades organizations and work with minimal supervision.
• Good technical writing and organizational abilities are required.
• A valid unexpired First Aid/CPR Certification from nationally recognized institution (e.g., Red Cross)
• A valid unexpired U.S. Passport
REQUIRED CLEARANCE: Active DOD SECRET
REQUIRED TRAVEL: Up to 10%
Position is contingent upon award.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.