POSITION: Electronics Technician –US Navy Identification, Friend or Foe (IFF)
LOCATION: Norfolk, VA aboard US Navy ships (CONUS and OCONUS)
JOB DESCRIPTION: SAIC is seeking an experienced Electronics Technicians to provide U.S. Navy Combat Systems engineering and technical support and subject matter expertise to Mid Atlantic Regional Maintenance Center (MARMC) Code 285 to conduct engineering/technical evaluations, perform equipment functional checks, perform troubleshooting/test/analysis, operation, maintenance, installation, diagnose connectivity faults and equipment repair to AN/APX-100 Family, AN/UPX-20 Family, AN/UPX-30 Family, AN/UPX-40 Family, AN/URN-25 / 32 Tactical Air Navigation Systems (TACAN), Search Radars, and associated Radar Display & Distribution System (RADDS) systems. Additional responsibilities include:
• Providing Onboard Maintenance Training (OBMT) to Ship's Force technicians in the operation, repair, maintenance, and logistics support of listed systems.
• Providing support for shipboard Combat Systems tasks including (GROOM), (PIA), (C5RA), (TSRA), (ICMP), (INSURV) programs and (T/A) Tech Assist events.
• Assisting Ship's Force technicians and government personnel at assigned locations to analyze and resolve malfunctions detected during equipment operation and test.
• Analyzing equipment review and inspection data to determine source of fault, and recommend repair, replacement or other corrective action.
• Suggesting equipment engineering changes toward improving quality and reliability and to facilitate installation, maintenance and repair.
• Reporting findings/discrepancies as required to the MARMC technical leads via TAAS, Maintenance Action Forms, written / electronic de-brief and/or write a Technical Assistance Visit Report (TAVR).
Position is contingent upon award.
A minimum of (6) years’ experience in installation, testing, troubleshooting, fault isolation and repair of combat or C4I systems and equipment;
A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in troubleshooting and repair of the following equipment (in descending order of importance). Experience may be concurrent with above 6 years experience.
• AN/APX-100 / 118 / 123
• OE-120 Antenna System
• AN/URN-25 (TACAN)
• AN/URN-32 (TACAN)
• AN/SPS-67(V) Series Radar
• AN/SPS-73(V) Series Radar
• Bridge Master E (BME)
OTHER REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• Current First Aid/CPR certification from Red Cross or other nationally recognized organization.
• A valid unexpired U.S. Passport
REQUIRED CLEARANCE: Active DOD SECRET
TRAVEL REQUIRED: Up to 10% CONUS and OCONUS
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability